Forums Latest Members

Is Sapphire glass of speedmaster

1. cjbhargav Jul 13, 2017

Sapphire glass of speedmaster co-axial 9300 caliber break proof ?? how to take a test ?

2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 13, 2017

It is not shatter-proof, do not try to test its shatter resistance! (no watch crystal is shatter-proof)

At best, your watch crystal is more scratch resistant than the average crystal

3. cjbhargav Jul 13, 2017

Lol ... I was thinking to throw a stone on it .... ppheewww ! yu saved .. great thanks jones

4. Canuck Jul 13, 2017

If you find a way to shatter a sapphire crystal, you may damage a lot more than just the crystal! Are you of the opinion that the toughness of a high quality watch should be proportional to its higher price? High price doesn't buy indestructibility. There is a difference between USE and ABUSE!

5. cjbhargav Jul 14, 2017

undisputedly higher price doesn't necessarily brings toughness... I saw speedmaster moonwatch limited addition which is not sapphire crystal. this question rises in my mind when I saw youtube video of a person trying to break his watch with hammer and it was so tough...!

6. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 14, 2017

When does stupidity take over from curiosity? Pick up the hammer and find out.

7. cjbhargav Jul 14, 2017

Thanks ... but some nice peoples are here to advice politely.