Forums Latest Members
  1. WYO_Watch Sep 4, 2017

My very first visit to an OB was in NYC about a year ago. I was sporting a Dynamic 3 chronograph and the staff there was incredibly friendly. The watch that caught my attention was definitely the First Omega in Space. The price tag was shocking to my wife (and even me a little), so I kind of put the thought of purchasing one out of my mind.

I am curious if anyone here has a handle on FOIS pricing. Are they still going down? Have they hit bottom? Are they going back up?

With the production being limited, I figured they would be a bit more expensive to own. Looks like I can grab a new one front Jomashop for $3.4 or used a little less. With my latest vintage acquisition turning into a bit of a circus, I am contemplating snagging this piece as a consolation.

IMG_6232.JPG
    Photo from the OB

TJH likes this.
  2. BLAUGRANA Sep 4, 2017

Not sure what will happen, but prices seem to have settled here. In fact Jomashop actually had it for about $200 or so less about a year ago. The watch had a high enough production number that perhaps it could drop further, but as of right now the Jomashop price is good.

I love mine. I too was quoted by an Omega Boutique and even discounted it was a lot more than what I paid, and I got mine new with papers for essentially the Jomashop price. (Grey dealer I bought from is sold out). One of the best watches you can get at under $3.5k and one the best Speedmasters out there. I chose mine over the Speedy Pro.

WYO_Watch and mikechi22 like this.
  3. arcadelt Sep 4, 2017

Just read the other thread and see what you mean. Its that kind of thing that makes me reconsider ever buying vintage.

WYO_Watch likes this.
  4. LeonDeBayonne Sep 5, 2017

As long as Omega keep producing the FOIS, I believe its value is both floored (some 25% below retail price?) and capped at retail price. Floored because, for what it is and what it represents, the FOIS offers better value than most watches priced at the same level. Capped because the market is still too much supplied (the 3 OB around me have them in supply, and the second hand market is crowded).

I just add one comment to make things clear: the FOIS production is not limited. It is numbered. And that makes all the difference. So if they stop now, there will be c. 8K FOIS in the market. That's significant, say the least.

Edited Sep 5, 2017
    mikechi22, N1CK and WYO_Watch like this.
  5. abrod520 Sep 5, 2017

FOIS can be had second-hand or thru dealers like Kringkily for less than Jomashop, at least last I looked. Give those avenues a shot first

WYO_Watch likes this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 5, 2017

I can tell you the FOIS is a fun watch to wear. Has both Speedmaster and vintage looks. I like the longer lume indices
    Add a 1125 bracelet and it is a quick grab, slap on wrist and go.

_1010873b.jpg

balaja, WYO_Watch, mikechi22 and 8 others like this.
  7. N1CK Sep 5, 2017

With hessalite it would be perfect...

WYO_Watch, rcs914, arcadelt and 2 others like this.
  8. bristnj Sep 5, 2017

At $3.4 new or $3 - 3.2 used with box, papers, etc your getting a solid watch for the money. No one can predict if they will slide slightly or stabilize. In the end, what are you going to save.....$100 maybe $200? That's dinner and a movie. If you want one, go for it! You get to enjoy wearing it now instead of dreaming about wearing it later. As an added bonus, you also get to participate in all the FOIS threads
    [​IMG]

mikechi22, WYO_Watch, Andy K and 3 others like this.
  9. BLAUGRANA Sep 5, 2017

I was told at the OB that they did stop producing the watch. That was months if not a year ago.

I was going to mention that. The watch is a numbered edition, but it will technically be limited once they stop production. It won't be a "limited edition" however and as you noted they made a significant amount.

10. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 5, 2017

11. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 5, 2017

And a pic of mine:

Speedy.jpg
    TJH, mikechi22, KstateSkier and 4 others like this.
  12. BLAUGRANA Sep 5, 2017