Is my Grandfather Seamaster a patchwork?

Hi. Am late to this thread - what happened in the end?

The reason this case should not be polished is because it appears to be a gold plated case where some of the gold plate is already peeling off (see the back of your lug).

Strange that a supposedly authorized watchmaker refuse to repair a broken watch part, rhat’s what a service is for, maybe they’re not authorized after all and can’t get parts.

Hi. Am late to this thread - what happened in the end?

The reason this case should not be polished is because it appears to be a gold plated case where some of the gold plate is already peeling off (see the back of your lug).

Strange that a supposedly authorized watchmaker refuse to repair a broken watch part, rhat’s what a service is for, maybe they’re not authorized after all and can’t get parts.

Hi, it is never tool late...

It's not plate, this is for sure, may be the picture in not vali enough...

.. then the watchmaker it is official for many brands swatch group, put it is a small shop and he is very young, to me it it was a bit scare to have more troubles thas benefits in starting this activity...
Now I'v got two additional watches form my mother (left by my gran fater) They are manual winding gold, I'm investigating and opening discussion threads for them, then I will decide where to invest refreshmts resources....

One is a Gold 18k Zenith compur chrono caliber 146, the other is a IWC 18k caliber 89....

here the discussio for Zenith https://omegaforums.net/threads/zenith-compur-cal-146-but-year-and-model-help.162996/#post-2225519

Okay, my bad, you’re right, I had not seen the picture showing the inside of your case back.
in any event, like others I would strongly discourage you from polishing the case: you’re dial’s redone, but the case is pretty nice and nicely defined and there’s a big risk that getting it polished by an unknown watchmaker would ruin the shape of your case.
Why take the risk to destroy the best part of the watch?

Well; it’s yours anyhow, but it would be a pity.

Okay, my bad, you’re right, I had not seen the picture showing the inside of your case back.
in any event, like others I would strongly discourage you from polishing the case: you’re dial’s redone, but the case is pretty nice and nicely defined and there’s a big risk that getting it polished by an unknown watchmaker would ruin the shape of your case.
Why take the risk to destroy the best part of the watch?

Well; it’s yours anyhow, but it would be a pity.
You're right, I used myself polywatch, e now is fine enough, at least for me!

thanks