Is it smart to buy this watch?

Keep hesitating......and go find a watch you see where you do not hesitate.

Like 2
Older quartz watches are generally disfavored compared to their mechanical counterparts. This is the second time in as many days that you have essentially posted the same thread -- just with a different watch -- asking other members to tell you whether it's a good "buy" or not. While we are willing to help you, you will never learn anything about how to evaluate and purchase vintage watches if you don't put some effort into the process yourself. The first thing that you need to do is resist the temptation to purchase something immediately at a low price because you will almost certainly end up disappointed and regretting your purchase. Did you read this thread as X350 XJR suggested to you yesterday in your previous thread: https://omegaforums.net/threads/learn-how-to-fish.52603/

Like 3
If you will get joy from it, then buy it. But it's not a collectible or valuable watch, if that's what you are asking. I don't really follow prices on that type of watch, but my gut feeling is that $300 would be a very high price for a gold-plated quartz watch.

Like 2
Hint #2 on your hunt........hesitate to buy a quartz, gold plated watch from a seller using white cotton gloves.

A $30K watch in solid gold?..... yes

I’m a bit doubtful about that strap buckle. It’s possibly fake. You don’t give the currency of your 300 price but assuming USD it’s ok if from a dealer and fully working. Otherwise it maybe a bit toppy. Its not one to excite collectors on here but it looks tidy enough.

Some of the parts on that caliber are no longer manufactured and can not be replaced.

Uses magnetic slip clutches in the time settings, so time can not be set without power and working electronics. Most of these are sold for parts to get a better example running.

A lot of the ones for sale are engraved with company data such as a service award or retirement.

This is the 6th thread you’ve started today with the exact same title. All the watches are very different.

People are more than happy to help but sooner or later you’re going to have to pin down what kind of watch you’re looking for and add some of your own thoughts on each of them, such as what attracts you to a specific watch, what your thoughts are on condition, how it compares to other examples of the same or similar reference you’ve researched.

Like 1
The plating is damaged on one of the lugs, I would not spend a cent on it.

Like 1
Sounds too high to spend on just about any quartz watch. I couldn’t imagine owning an Omega that wasn’t mechanical.

Like 1
Sounds too high to spend on just about any quartz watch. I couldn’t imagine owning an Omega that wasn’t mechanical.
Heeey... Not fair!
:D
This one has been (not the Brewski..) with me for a looooong time!!!

IMG_5244.jpg

Like 3
I believe that the OP has left the room. If he returns, hopefully it will be with some better purchase candidates and some research findings of his own to share with us.

Like 1
Heeey... Not fair!
:D
This one has been (not the Brewski..) with me for a looooong time!!!

IMG_5244.jpg
Absolutely no offense meant. It is a diverse hobby with all sorts of tastes!

Like 1