Forums Latest Members
  1. Tyro Jun 9, 2019

My Brothers
    I am thinking of bidding for this in auction tomorrow - it would fill a hole in my collection for both a black dial and a Dynamic, so two in one. Nice enough condition, looks well kept, but I have never seen a DYNAMIC Geneve... Also the day doesn't sit well in its window.
    Can anyone comment? With thanks and appreciation...
    2019-06-08 11.02.42-1.jpg

padders likes this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 9, 2019

Refinished dial, incorrect second hand.

PASS.

DaveK, Observer and intron like this.
  3. Tyro Jun 9, 2019

Have you ever seen a "Dynamic Geneve"? I have only ever seen Geneve Dynamics...

4. dabbispade Jun 9, 2019

If you are gonna get a dynamic so it right - I agree with above and would pass !

5. JwRosenthal Jun 9, 2019

The Dynamics are not crazy money, trust Norman, pass on this one and wait for another. That said, if it’s $100, the bracelet would be worth it.

6. impalla62ss Jun 9, 2019

If you are looking for a day/date I would choose a cal. 750 or 752 over the cal. 1022 above. The cockeyed day could be issues with the teeth on the day wheel or the mechanism that turns it. It may also be an indicator that the watch is due for a service.The 750s are more collectable and thought to be a better all around movement than the fourth generation movements (10xx). The earlier day/date movements do not have the divider between day and date. It is not possible to tell the movement generation on the date only, and non-date dynamics by looking at the dial. Dynamics are a pain to open so it is rare to see a movement photo on listings, and many sellers online have no clue what they have inside the watch. When I was shopping for my Dynamic, I had no luck requesting movement photos from sellers. I held out and found one with a Cal. 563 with a movement photo in the listing. They made ton of these watches, so be patient and you should find a great one. Beware of any NOS claims on these. Here a link to Desmond's write up on Dynamics, it if you have not seen it yet. https://omegaforums.net/attachments/omega-geneve-dynamic-i-pdf.459/

Edward53 and DaveK like this.
  7. Tyro Jun 9, 2019

Thanks all - I think it will be nearer $300, so will wait for a better one! And thanks all for being so free with information. Always a great learning curve here!

8. Tyro Jun 9, 2019

And thanks for the link to Desmond's article, impalla62ss - I have his wonderful piece on Constellation de Luxe models...

9. Tyro Jun 9, 2019

Though this is still weirdly the only one that I have see with DYNAMIC above the Geneve...

10. impalla62ss Jun 9, 2019

With a refinished dial the lettering is not always the same as original. The dial would have fooled me though.