Forums Latest Members
  1. fbf Jan 10, 2019

there is a lot of redial watches being sold on ebay and some of the known sites? I don't claim myself as a longine expert but some of the watches are so poorly redialed, it's ludicrous.

It is so sad seeing some of the perfectly worn watches being redialed/reconditioned

2. Yuriae Jan 11, 2019

Well.

Unfortunately, in today's world, when money is involved, don't expect the majority to be honest anymore...

"Buy the seller" has alwys been and will always be the motto, I guess!

Cheers,

Yuriae/Marc

3. bubba48 Jan 11, 2019

No wonder anyway, a lot of people prefer an "immaculate" dial instead of an original one but tired or ruined.

4. connieseamaster Jan 11, 2019

Yeah, there's definitely been an explosion, on both eBay and Chrono24 of redials coming out of South Korea. Worse, the cases are usually polished to a fault.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 11, 2019

Since vintage became fashionable we see more of it. It’s always been there though. Notorious sellers of franken/redial are well known here ... do your homework, ask questions and learn to ID a redial by sight. Even if the first impression leans positive, step away and look again. We see so many dials, sometimes it all blends together...this advice was recently given to me by a longtime member.

6. VintageWatchIta Jan 11, 2019

Being honest, there are a lot and they are day by day harder to detect. In past there were some gross redials, now the quality of the job increase, and many people do not care that much, especially when it comes to low prices vintage Omega (as said, people prefer to have a good "impact" of dial, instead than the original condition).

Larry S and connieseamaster like this.