Is it a fair price for this Speedmaster reduced ?

Hello,

I’m planning on buying my very first Omega watch.

It is a 1993 Speedmaster Reduced, seems in good condition. It has been polished but it does not look to me like it impacted the watch in a bad way.

dwy9.jpeg

viw0.jpeg

It does not come with a box or papers.
The seller asks for 2400€

Is it a normal price in the current market ?

Thank you for your help

The asking price for nice examples has gone up a lot in the past 15 years. If it has had a recent service I would still try to haggle the price down about 300€.

Like 1
The asking price for nice examples has gone up a lot in the past 15 years. If it has had a recent service I would still try to haggle the price down about 300€.
Thanks for your feedback

It’s a nice looking watch have you read up to on the reduced movement? I’m not one for telling anyone what to buy just know what you are buying. Like when you buy a car look up the motor not just the car (learned that one the hard way damn Cadillac)
Could be perfectly fine for you and as I said looks nice

Like 1
The price is a bit over the norm but not by miles. However, it is very important with these to make sure you aren't buying someone else's large impending service bill.

If it hasn't had a recent service, backed up with documented proof then you might need to haggle it down more like €6-700 to make the price reflect the market. Better still walk away and find another around the same money that has proof of a recent service (say within the past 5 years max).

Like 1
Depends on where you live. I bought one 2 years ago in the Netherlands for 2300€. Its almost impossible to find one in good condition below 2500€. Service is key, a new service is around 950€ so if it has had service recently, it's a fair price imho.

Like 1
Do you have another pictures of the endlinks? In the pictures they do not look original to me as they appear to have a more straight surface compared to original 811 endlinks.IMG_8071.jpeg

Regarding the price I just can summarize what I paid:
I bought mine end of last year in a cosmetically not perfect condition. Then it was serviced by an Omega-certified watchmaker. As my intention was to keep it, I let them also bring the case back to a (in my eyes) almost perfect condition. Then I bought a NOS original bracelet and sold the old one. All in all I think it was (edit) close to but below 3000€.
Edited:

Like 2
If you value the tritium dial (and I certainly do!) then I think it is a good value. A quick search on Chrono24 for "Speedmaster Reduced tritium" yields 7 examples similar to the one you posted, but all cost between $2944 and $3460.

When I was searching for my Moonwatch, I had to have tritium and gladly paid $500+ more for this. The lovely cream patina gives so much more depth and interest to the dial IMO. Good luck.

Like 2
Do you have another pictures of the endlinks? In the pictures they do not look original to me as they appear to have a more straight surface compared to original 811 endlinks.IMG_8071.jpeg

Here are some other photos, what do you think ?

5ee88f4c-d9c4-47b6-9379-2f4050111133.jpg 34d46411-3df2-41ab-9ae2-f208c6a770a4.jpg

Like 1