Forums Latest Members
  1. SpeedStef Aug 24, 2016

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'd like to introduce myself by sharing with you a few photos from my recently bought Speedmaster. Which has quickly become the watch I wear almost every day replacing the POC.
    The Speedy came to me after looking for a half-new or vintage one for some time. Not necessarily a "real" vintage piece but in my opinion a used watch had to be less expensive than a new one.
    Which is certainly not the case with a Speedy, lesson learnt.
    "Real" shops (old school, with an actual store and people working there) were outrageously pricing them., at least to my standards Why would I pay more for an old watch with a dial that lost its color than for a brand new one? - Boy was I wrong. Thanks to this place and speedmaster101 - I "educated" myself on vintage Speedmasters. However this doesn't mean I get all the subtle nuances that differentiate a great watch from crap. Anyways, one day this piece (shown below) appeared on my computer screen and I acquired it, off the internet, not having the chance to "check it out" before buying.

The watch (might have gone for a vintage one)
    P8240035.jpg
    I got the strap (Hirsch Alligator) myself, it didn't come with the watch.

P8240037.jpg
    Close up

P8240039.jpg
    Tried to get this shallow depth of field uber cool photos I frequently see on this forum (not a big success).

and its backside
    P8240040.jpg

this heft got replaced, so no more workout for my left arm anymore
    P8240031.jpg

Cheers

SpeedStef

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 24, 2016

Welcome to the forum.
    You got yourself a very nice rarity there.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 24, 2016

My 76 speedy replaced my POC in my go to watch also. Looks like a 68 speedy if I'm not mistaken.

4. toddle321 Aug 24, 2016

Welcome, and great Speedy! The 220 error bezel is one of the nicer ones I have seen

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 24, 2016

Another speedy owner? I'm shocked, I tell you. Welcome to the board.

6. Clibka Aug 24, 2016

Anyone else see a little bit of [emoji270] on that dial?

Fantastic acquisition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. SpeedStef Aug 25, 2016

Many thanks for your replies.
    @Clibka The little bit of brown must be a combination of different factors being it the camera, the crystal or the ambient light. Can't really see it with the naked eye.

Stefan