Introducing: New Omega Speedmaster 38 Models In Full Gold And Steel

The pink features and MOP dial is the only pretty ladies Speedy 38.

The MoP with pink numerals is nice, I also like the white bezel one and I think both are quite a ways nicer than these new releases but I guess we’ll see how they do over time.

The white arabic dial with white bezel is probably my pick over the MoP just because its a 7750 family relative rather than a piggyback.

Showed 'em to my wife and she loved them.

If Omega only sold watches to people like us, they wouldn't be profitable. For every Speedmaster Pro sold to one of us, there are probably 2-3 of the gold and diamonds Aqua Terras and Speedmaster 38s sold. It's the same reason they keep the Constellation Manhattan range around -- those are very popular in some markets.

Takes a brave man to get away with wearing one of these. Much braver than I…

Agreed. So, not a man then.

image credit: @naomieharris Instagram

Says Ms. Harris:

"Big love to my @omega family ❤️In Milan to celebrate the launch of the new #Speedmaster 38mm collection… absolutely stunning!
#OMEGA @OMEGA
#omegaambassador
Wearing @omega watch and @omega jewellery."

The MoP with pink numerals is nice, I also like the white bezel one and I think both are quite a ways nicer than these new releases but I guess we’ll see how they do over time.

The white arabic dial with white bezel is probably my pick over the MoP just because its a 7750 family relative rather than a piggyback.

My wife has this one which is nice and effeminate. I honestly think if they want ladies to really love them they should consider reducing the size to 35mm. Thats my wrist just in case the viewers were wondering.

Clearly aimed at feminine customers. My OB hinted at this when my girlfriend was checking out the Sedna gold 3861 with brown dial and diamond bezel, 41mm was way too big for her. 38mm might still be too big, but could fit into the "chunky watch trend" for women rather than just looking ridiculous.

Even with that in mind, I personally dont like the ovals and I think the Steel + Black variant would've looked better with a "normal" bezel.

While gold and diamonds are not my cup of tea, I think the overall look is pretty good for a blinged out watch.

While gold and diamonds are not my cup of tea, I think the overall look is pretty good for a blinged out watch.

Agree.

Does show the strength of the original design.

Not really 38mm speedy related, but I always wonder what happens when a gem-encrusted watch bangs up hard against any of the hard objects my non-gem encrusted watch does.

Agree.

Does show the strength of the original design.

Not really 38mm speedy related, but I always wonder what happens when a gem-encrusted watch bangs up hard against any of the hard objects my non-gem encrusted watch does.
Maybe what happens with Tudor bezels (pic from Reddit);

It's not allowed to have controversial opinions

Its allowed to express them subtlety. 👍
Edited:

Even middle-class watch brands are releasing more interesting new models than Omega does e.g. CERTINA DS ACTION GMT and on top of that, it is nearly 8 times cheaper than the Seamaster PO GMT, okay CERTINA movements are made by ETA whereas Omega are in-house ones, yes in-house by ETA😗😗😗😗 hahahahaha

Classic. Omega bringing out rubbish no one wants.
Huge in the Asian market otherwise they wouldn’t be expanding the line.

Huge in the Asian market otherwise they wouldn’t be expanding the line.

I'm not convinced Omega is making intelligent business decisions that we all just can't understand as enthusiasts, especially when they continuously have been losing market share every year. Case in point, they dropped to third behind Cartier for sales in FY23.

I think the "well, they must be doing it for a good reason" idea is really a logical fallacy. Sometimes companies are just truly being stupid and out of touch. I think it's fair to say Omega fits that bill.

I'm not convinced Omega is making intelligent business decisions that we all just can't understand as enthusiasts, especially when they continuously have been losing market share every year. Case in point, they dropped to third behind Cartier for sales in FY23.

I think the "well, they must be doing it for a good reason" idea is really a logical fallacy. Sometimes companies are just truly being stupid and out of touch. I think it's fair to say Omega fits that bill.
Hiow many new Omega watches do you buy in a decade?