Introducing A New Arrival: Speedmaster 105.003-63 Ed White "Asymmetrical T"

Another missed dream.... Incredible condition, congratulations for having pulled this holy trigger...:thumbsup:

That looks excellent. I do love an Ed White. Some will consider this heresy but if another set of hands are hard to come by, I too think a sympathetic hand relume might be a good option there. All else is beautiful and they jar a bit at present, more so than any crown issue.

He must have had a hair free wrist: I’ve not seen a caseback with that much (presumably original) brush before. Mine is smooth.

Bravo Sir.
Edited:

Congrats : that's an incredibly nice piece ! And thanks for sharing : always learning something when reading your threads.
You're moving up the scale ...fast and furious !

I'm clearly not expert, especially on value impact, but if I were you (I wish right now), I would keep the hands like that for a while and then in a month or so make my decision.

.... Ok and now : what's next :D ?

He must have had a hair free wrist: I’ve not seen a caseback with that much (presumably original) brush before. Mine is smooth.

My thoughts exactly. My gut feeling says it wasn't worn a lot and the story (been with the first owner till recently, as the service paper document, which are in the same name as the original sale receipt) seems to check out, but that might be due to cognitive dissonance, of course :D Would be happy to learn if there are doubts regarding the originality of the caseback's brushing. May I kindly ask @Spacefruit to comment?

.... Ok and now : what's next ?

The enjoyment of wearing it. But unless some very spectacular hobnail comes around, I'll refrain from further purchases for a little while.

Nice catch! :thumbsup:

Should you need a crown, I think I have one or two sitting around.

Came here to say that your pictures are excellent! I really enjoyed your post.

It’s been a while - over 4 months - but since I asked for your opinions regarding the lume I figured I’d post the final result. Got it back yesterday, after a service of the 321, which was in great shape, and a relume of the hands only, as the tritium was cracked. Here’s the result, which I’m very happy about:

DFB18C32-233D-43AC-86CD-3900896174E9.jpeg

Matt, I remember you telling me back in October that you had picked this up, but I somehow missed this thread - and the pics - until now. Wow, what a find! And a gorgeous 7912 bracelet to boot! Congrats, man. You have many outstanding watches in your collection, but this one is going to be hard to top.

Matt,
Wear this beauty in the best of health!
cheers,
Todd

Beautiful example. There’s something about a good straight lug speedy that’s hard to beat

Fantastic work… James Hyman, right?

Nope :) I would've asked him had it been the dial, but since it was "only" the hands, my watchmaker could do it.