Forums Latest Members

Interesting Protection Plan Details

1. Jimmy Jim Apr 3, 2014

So for whatever reason, no clue why actually, I sat down and read the droll protection plan from a well known watch dealer for a watch my wife bought me. As I was reading about the coverage, I came across this...

IMAG0612.jpg

I'm not sure about everyone else around here, but if there has been an undeclared nuclear weapons attack and my watch was a casualty... Probably not on the top of my list of things to try to claim and get repaired. I'm almost disappointed that zombie apocalypse wasn't listed...

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 3, 2014

They also sell separate insurance policies specifically for nuclear war event protection. :p

3. dantaspaulo Apr 3, 2014

"acts of God"

How would they assess that? Direct line? Opening the ark at a synagogue and whispering to the Torah scrolls? ::confused2::

4. woodwkr2 Apr 3, 2014

That's standard language in most all commercial insurance policies (and in commercial real estate leases ie office space, retail space, industrial space).

5. woodwkr2 Apr 3, 2014

Whomever you bought the watch from is not insuring the products himself. He is likely buying a standard commercial/blanket policy and is just passing along the same terms to the customer "policies" so that he doesn't actually incur any risk himself.

I bet his margins are quite high for whatever "plan" you've bought.

6. Jimmy Jim Apr 3, 2014

Oh I didn't buy anything plan wise, that was just the paper handed to me. I have no doubt the margins are insane based on what little I have looked into it. I deal with lawyers daily, so I know it is all generic mumbo, but still fun to read. Normally I call people out on the spot when they hand me paperwork like this, I just didn't have the time to play with their heads this time. :D

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 4, 2014

That wouldn't have been very useful for all of those WWW watches ;)