Forums Latest Members
  1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 29, 2018

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 29, 2018

Looks like Wandolec has moved to Bulgaria.

Vitezi likes this.
  3. michael22 Sep 29, 2018

Novosibirsk is post Russian Revolution. I.e. after 1917.
    Istanbul was declared the official name in 1923 by Turkey. Apparently Europeans insisted on calling it Constantinopal.
    So the dial gives an earliest time of manufacture of mid '20s. If legit.

4. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Sep 29, 2018

Wow that's nasty. I wouldn't have a problem with these things if it had "made in 2018, in a basement" emblazoned across the back of the case so some poor soul doesn't get ripped of thinking they're buying a piece of history.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 29, 2018

Why do you say that? Are you saying the movements not Omega? The case is.

6. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Sep 29, 2018

The case and movement are Omega, mid grade, nothing special, from about 1924.

Just for laughs: the spelling for Tokyo is wrong for the period, should likely be Tokio.

Its been converted into a wristwatch, which was common in the 20s, but this was done recently, as was that face. (the dial was "renovated" it says in the ad, actually its a work of total fiction) I doubt anybody ever made a watch like that in 1924.

This is a cheap attempt to take an old common grade of pocketwatch, worth 2 or 3 hundred dollars in good shape, and make a piece of history out of it, hopefully selling it for far more than its worth. In its current state its value is really only as a parts supply for another Omega. Which would be not very much at all.

See the Wandolec reference above... famous maker of fake watches based on nice old pocketwatches... he even fakes the papers!

I've thrown better in the bin.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 29, 2018

I know wandolec... what’s throwing me is the second hour hand for GMT, assuming it works. I’ve not seen and extra hand and gear train before on these. I know it was a pocket watch.

His other items are interesting... your right it’s a fantasy the “JLC” he is selling with a similar conversion is pretty fail.

Edited Sep 29, 2018