Forums Latest Members
  1. aesguerra Aug 7, 2018

With my wife's sudden interest in higher-end watches, I elected to take her around town to visit the various ADs in our area. Shreve was one such stop, so she could see what offerings they had. Obviously, Rolex was one of em.

While she was checking out some Datejusts, I myself decided to peruse the much heard-of Oyster Pertetuals. This was my first real exposure with Rolexes; I've been an exclusive Omega fan a for as long as I've known.

I'm glad I took the moment to get to know them. I may be talking out my arse geee, but I was really taken by the sweet simplicity of the white dialed variant of both the 36mm n 39mm. It's rare to be able to say "everything about it works for me", but that's exactly the case here! I love the eggshell White of the dual, the applied hour marks, the strictly stick hands, and the bracelet! It's just about PERFECT!

I'm not used to using the words simple and Rolex in the same sentence, but it's what really stuck in my head. Except for the 1948 Seamaster, I can't think of any Omega that walks that ultra fine line between elegance and simplicity. I can really see why it's been called the all missions watch.

A8D6FB87-C0DA-459E-AB35-329766E5CFB0.jpeg

At any rate, it may be a while before I acquire it - the wife's first higher end timepiece comes first. But the 11600 or 114300 is definitely on my radar! Just a matter if I want a well-scaled-to-my-wrist-case-with-a-slightly-small-dial, or well-scaled-dial-with-a-slightly-largish-case. Haha

Cheers,

Alex

2. Riviera Paradise Aug 7, 2018

Railmaster 60th LE

Pun likes this.
  3. aesguerra Aug 7, 2018

Hahahaha. I'll give you that.

Let's redefine: I can't think of any Omega that isn't a retro-styled reissue... because frankly, my Speedy already fills that void.

And (hiding behind a rock as I say this), the Railmaster LE just doesn't get my heart going like everyone else.

I know. I'm a very weird guy. ;)

Edited Aug 7, 2018
  4. Riviera Paradise Aug 7, 2018

Nothing weird in my books. As an Explorer owner I can appreciate the elegant appeal of the new white Oyster P.

Ref the 60th LE I think I am now finally starting to understand "the love". It really does transmit a timeless elegance, vintage and modern sporty vibe (on the bracelet), but I fully agree that there is no getting away from the vintage DNA.

Wishing you and your wife all the best. Looking forward to the photos when you do pull the trigger. You do seem smitten by the::love::OP::love::, so it might be sooner than you think.;):D