Insurance for water damage

Is that really how it works?

If you mean flooded watches, then the answer is yes!

Your watch is rated for 600m, even if the seals lose 90% of their effectiveness you still have 60m left.
:whipped:

I wouldn't bother with insurance. Your watch is rated for 600m, even if the seals lose 90% of their effectiveness you still have 60m left. And somehow I feel you won't be diving with that ceramic watch so it should be enough to cover all your use cases.

Is that really how it works?

No, it's not.
He be trolling.

Your watch is rated for 600m, even if the seals lose 90% of their effectiveness you still have 60m left.
My watch is rated 300m, my seals are at 47% effectiveness… how many metres do I have left?

My watch is rated 300m, my seals are at 47% effectiveness… how many metres do I have left?
I didn't know there was going to be a quiz today. ::facepalm2::

It’s easy! Plug in the two variables (WR rating and seal effectiveness %), and the formula pumps out how many metres of WR you have left!

With this simple trick, our friend here has entire watch pressure testing industry on its knees :D

It’s easy! Plug in the two variables (WR rating and seal effectiveness %), and the formula pumps out how many metres of WR you have left!

With this simple trick, our friend here has entire watch pressure testing industry on its knees :D
Basic physics from SCUBA class. :thumbsup:

What does sending a watch to Omega to be pressure tested / seals checked/replaced cost? Obviously that price could vary but does anyone know the ball park on the OP's watch?

What does sending a watch to Omega to be pressure tested / seals checked/replaced cost? Obviously that price could vary but does anyone know the ball park on the OP's watch?
Not sure Omega will do that without a complete service which is around 550USD.

Omega has in the past done partial services - these are replacements of seals without a movement service. The cost would depend partly on the watch and what the material is.

Omega isn't the only option though.

Omega isn't the only option though.
For sure, I remember looking at the PDF you sent on one of the watches you serviced for me and believe that you pressure tested first with movement out of the watch prior to testing with the movement in. I figured that if that was the case then Omega would probably look at it as a possible full service since they'd need to remove the movement.

I guess what I'm actually wondering is, do you void any warranty you still have with Omega by having someone not certified by Omega preform this kind of check.

For sure, I remember looking at the PDF you sent on one of the watches you serviced for me and believe that you pressure tested first with movement out of the watch prior to testing with the movement in. I figured that if that was the case then Omega would probably look at it as a possible full service since they'd need to remove the movement.

I guess what I'm actually wondering is, do you void any warranty you still have with Omega by having someone not certified by Omega preform this kind of check.

Any test that is done without opening the case won't void your warranty.

Any test that is done without opening the case won't void your warranty.
Archer, my apologies in advance if this comes off as a silly question… but how would Omega “know” your case had been opened? Granted a skillful watchmaker opened it up, of course.

Archer, my apologies in advance if this comes off as a silly question… but how would Omega “know” your case had been opened? Granted a skillful watchmaker opened it up, of course.

They may not...

Trick question. It depends on how fast you are moving your arm under water.:whipped:

Got it, so technically someone could run this test with the movement still in the case as a first test, though that seems potentially more risky.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/pressure-testing-a-watchco-sm300.45375/

I have a 2254 I need to have tested preferably before the summer so this thread peaked my interest on what my options might be. Thanks!

Unless you are going over 100m down, all you really need is the dry test.

No, it's not.
He be trolling.
No I'm not and I'm surprised to see the sarcastic reactions. The point is that even with a highly reduced water resistance (that will occur between regular services) the OP's watch will be ok for basic use cases.

chevy-chase.gif