Forums Latest Members

Inherited Seamaster - help please

1. Bert KB May 16, 2021

Hi everyone,

just inherited this lovely Seamaster from my dad, and would love some thoughts on what model it is. I think it is a 166.003 looking at other pictures, but mine has the vertical and horizontal cross-lines on the face which others don’t. It is of gold colour, and there are black details on the minute and hour hand. On the edge of the face, at the bottom, right on the edge is ‘T Swiss T’ text. The watch is fully working, but not original strap (I’d like to get one, and have the crystal polished). Any thought and comments appreciated. Thank you, Ian

E674566F-080D-495C-A81C-063DE3564D80.jpeg 22B8ECCD-C7DB-4119-8FE9-CC0011082B31.jpeg
    Spruce likes this.
  2. wagudc May 16, 2021

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure if this was a preemptive inheritance, but if not please accept my condolences. A watch is a great momento. It is a bit hard to judge from the photos, but it looks to be a Seamaster from the 60s, the cross hair dial may or may not be original to the watch. It was common practice to repaint a dial after it was damaged or shows age. It is hard to tell if it is such a redail based on the photos. For future reference, you should post this in the Vintage Omega forum. I can say that it is gold plate and not solid, based on the steel case back. Also, read this thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-omega-posting-guide.383/

Others are far more knowledgeable than me, and can give you all the answers you need. Assuming you can get better pictures (I know it is a challenge.)

Tekashi_145.022 and Bert KB like this.
  3. Bert KB May 16, 2021

That is very kind thank you. Never posted in forums before, so I’ll post it in the vintage forum, thank you. Dad still with us, so all good there. He wanted to pass it on to me as it was a 21st birthday present. The 60’s time frame would tally up perfect. There are versions of this watch that have the cross-lines, but not the Calendar date. But not seen one with both. Let’s see what others say. Thank for the quick reply.

Tekashi_145.022 and wagudc like this.