Forums Latest Members

Inherited Fathers Constellation 14393 Sc 9 Need Advice Please

1. EthanFreeman May 13, 2013

This Omega was a gift to my Father from my Grandfather for graduating High School in 1962, at the time they lived in Venezula he later became a watchmaker. From what I understand he removed the Pallet Fork to repair a customers watch that is why it is dissasembled, I inherited this and a MASSIVE cache of brand new and highly radioactive Vintage Watch Parts but he must have not been an Omega dealer cause there is only a handful of Omega stuff in his collection its mostly Elgin on down. I think my Grandfather must have custom built this for my Father cause I dont think that Bracelet came with the Watch orginally I want to sell it wisely and i respectively request your advice please I hope that you will find it worthy enough to comment thank you in advance and please forgive my newbieness.

P5120050.JPG P5120054.JPG P5120055.JPG P5120058.JPG P5120059.JPG P5120060.JPG P5120061.JPG P5120062.JPG P5120066.JPG P5120067.JPG P5120068.JPG
  2. AJDay May 13, 2013

looks like the bracelet is all 18k? That would be worth selling separately for scrap.

The dial is poorly refinished, case back scratched (with engraving), and the movement in pieces. Unfortunately, this all may be worth much more as an heirloom than if sold.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 13, 2013

Little disconcerting to see the balance wheel (apparently still attached to the balance cock) just chucked into a container with a bunch of other parts. Damage to the balance spring and staff are likely. This will be an expensive watch to get back in running condition.

Cheers, Al

4. EthanFreeman May 13, 2013

Hair springs I got thousands of them and a staking set......just dont know how to use em

5. EthanFreeman May 13, 2013

I did just find a working Sea Master!!

P5120073.JPG P5120072.JPG
  6. EthanFreeman May 13, 2013

This was in the drawer with the Sea Master I dont know if this helps...

P5120074.JPG
  7. jconly May 14, 2013

Holy sh*t!!
    That Seamaster!

I inherited the same one from my father, but have not been able to find another example of that dial anywhere else!
    Many people have speculated that it was custom done. The only difference, mine has lume dots which never looked original. There was speculation the dial was refinished..
    Now I know the lume could have been after the fact, but the dial originally existed.

But listen, if you have a crown in that pile that matches the one on the Seamaster, I'll gladly snag it from you.
    When I had mine serviced to get it running again, the shop was supposed to replace it with an original, but they did not.

And hell, any info you can dig up on that bugger for me would be amazing.
    I have a Cal and Ref number written down back in NYC.. I'm on the road right now though.

Gotta say, freaking out seeing this.

[​IMG]