Forums Latest Members
  1. dnorlingg Sep 2, 2018

If anyone could help me decide which model this is I would deeply appreciate it since I cant seem to find anything similar...

E8354511-9EDF-4F24-B393-66CF520305C3.jpeg
  2. ConElPueblo Sep 2, 2018

That is not a whole lot to go by... Pictures of caseback? What are the dimensions?

At a guess I would say it's a ref. 2791.

3. dnorlingg Sep 2, 2018

Yes I know it isn't much to go on but the wrist band is not permitting me to open up the back. I don't know much about watches so I would like to not break the wrist band at this moment. Although the watch face is 36mm.

Also I noticed that the watch face does not say either "Swiss" or "Swiss made".. Does that mean that the watch is a fake?

It looks somewhat like cal 267 but I am not sure.

4. ConElPueblo Sep 2, 2018

Keep on not opening it if you are uncertain of how to do it :)

The lack of any "swiss" print is most likely to do with the tension ring obscuring it. If you don't know what that means; don't worry - your watch is fine :D

The caliber of your watch is only really possible to discern after opening it up. The caliber 267 is one of several movements Omega made that are collectively known as "30MM movements" and where in production for more than 30 years. They power a lot of different watches.

Where did you get the watch from?

5. tamura Sep 2, 2018

2639 ??;)

6. dnorlingg Sep 2, 2018

My grandma passed away some time ago and we found the watch in her safe yesterday. We don't know the history behind it or anything but it would be interesting to at least know how old it is!

Thank you ConElPueblo for your help!

7. Edward53 Sep 2, 2018

Nice original dial, crown has been replaced so it's probably been serviced at some point. The tip of the minute hand is missing. At full length it would have gone beyond the minute markers which normally (but not invariably) makes it too long, so I presume the hands are also replacements.

8. dnorlingg Sep 2, 2018

Thanks for the information! Do you have any idea of the age of the model or perhaps even the value of something like this?

9. Davidt Sep 2, 2018

Value for insurance or value to sell?

10. dnorlingg Sep 2, 2018

I’d like to keep it for myself since its working fine but the selling value would also be interesting to know.

11. Davidt Sep 2, 2018

I'm not that experienced with these. I'd say it's 50's and the dial looks original but the apparent lack of lume at the hour markers concerns me.

In a private sale on eBay I'd guess around $600, give or take a couple hundred.

12. ConElPueblo Sep 2, 2018

Stop correcting me all the time :D

2639 is a better suggestion. I always mix these two up...
    I don't think I've seen a 2639 with a Seamaster dial before, interesting.

I believe the hands are from a different reference.

I just tried looking at the full size photo (clicking on the picture in the thread will open it in a larger size) and you can clearly see the top of "swiss made" below the 6 o'clock marker :)

tamura likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 2, 2018

Lume is there but looks black, Being a black dial I would say a few hundred more than $600.

The watch needs a service before it get worn too much. Spend the money on a service buy a watchmaker with a Omega account ( whatever you do do not send to Omega ) and this watch will come up a beauty, your very lucky as many covet a black dial Seamaster.

dan7800 likes this.
  14. dan7800 Sep 2, 2018

Also DO YOUR HOMEWORK before having someone service it. Be very skeptical of the local "expert"

Don't be afraid to ask around here before committing to service. Much better to be safe than sorry

felsby likes this.