Forums Latest Members
  1. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

thanks for having me on the forum, long story made short I inherited my fathers 1958 seamaster crono water proof to 30 meters smooth back he received it from Alcan aluminum in 1959 when he sold them his company, he got a few other extras, a new cadi, a etching from a famous induit lady the watch and a very large check. To bad I never saw any of the money, I made one mistake already I took the watch into the Omega repair and paid 1600 for them to refurbish it, the stem would not pull out to set the date or month, so mistake number one, thought it was way over priced, they explained it needed the two push buttons as well. My dad only wore it for maybe ten years then had medical problems so it went in his drawer, in its box where it sat since 1970. it has its original omega stretch band and the radiant dial is a bit colored but in very good shape, the crystal is perfect, checked the ser number and it is a 1958, not realy a fan of the original band but thats how it came. I have a Rolex which I dont wear much, and just sold a south bend gold pocket watch from 1910. Is it worth more with the original fixoflex band or do I buy a leather band, still trying to decide if i keep it, the dealer said he would buy it from me.

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 6, 2020

Photos?

Daveypo likes this.
  3. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

still waiting to get the watch back from omega got ser number photo and inside back and picture of induit etching which came with it Cadillac is long gone, so is the money. i saw the million dollar check in 1959 that was a lot of money,

ser number .jpg DSCN0200.JPG DSCN0203.JPG Omega Watch.jpg
  4. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Sep 6, 2020

So, are you hoping to sell them?

Because, if that’s the case you need a further 198 posts before you can do it on this forum.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 6, 2020

Does that include artwork, also?

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 6, 2020

Here is information from Omega on your father’s watch:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-omega-ko-2907

Any watch with the cal. 321 chronograph movement is valuable, so paying the money to Omega wasn’t a terrible investment. Let’s hope the don’t repaint the dial or do anything else to screw up the value.

Take care,
    gatorcpa

DaveK likes this.
  7. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

told them not to touch the dial or arms they were in not bad shape spent a lot of time researching the watch, and the strech band,

8. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

the arms were in good shape being water proof his smoking did not get into the case. did not see any rust or marks on the hands , egar to get it back.

9. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

yes know about the 200 rule more interested in the technical part of the watch, as I am a engineer.

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 6, 2020

Hate to tell you this but that's not your call. If Omega feels they need to be changed, they will be changed. The good news is you will get them back.

Archer and janice&fred like this.
  11. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

if I ever decide to sell the watch which I probably will keep , It is a great looking watch the dial patina is great looking, I could include the artwork they would have to buy their own 1959 Cadillac though. lol

janice&fred likes this.
  12. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

i see small marks scratched into the back of the case, hard to read I guess they are watchmakers marks does any expert know one looks like parts short hand. there is three or four scratched in marks ?

13. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

good news, so far they told me a new stem, and two push buttons, the rest of the cost was cleaning and setting up, waiting for a few days to set the timing the I get it back, looking for ward wearing it , not sure about the original stretch band though ?

janice&fred likes this.
  14. janice&fred Sep 6, 2020

Forget the stretch band, unless of course it's one of those original Omega signed versions.

15. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

thanks for the info, it says leather strap, but I remember the steel stretch band but i did not give you the last two digits of the serial number would they matter ?
    where are they signed ???

16. janice&fred Sep 6, 2020

On the clasp, and quite noticeably so chances are yours isn't as you wouldn't have missed it.

17. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

when I get it back I will look at the band and take pictures and post, great forum by the way. so use to getting nasty people on other forums .

18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 6, 2020

Unless they no longer have a dial, then the original will be refinished...

efauser likes this.
  19. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 6, 2020

Since when did the 321 have the date and month? Or am I missing something?

janice&fred likes this.
  20. mrbob Sep 6, 2020

asked then not to and they agreed, we will see what they do, they suggested a new crystal also said no only one tiny scratch . guess its a crap shoot.
    its a chronograph with speed along the outer ring and two buttons one start stop one reset, for eth stop watch I thought they were working not bad, they insisted they needed replaced seals were gone, it is 30 meter water proof/