Inherited 145.022-69 - Where can I get it serviced in Southern Africa?

That is a fantastic heirloom !

I love it ! Perfect dial and hands 🥰. It gonna be the best everyday watch once serviced 😀👍.

Cheers !

One thing the sun did was highlight the scratches in the hesalite crystal. Would you recommend I have this replaced once I track down a suitable watchmaker to service the watch - or do you think it would be better to just try and polish the scratches out?
I didn’t see any significant cracks in the photos, just looked like surface scratches, but I may have missed something. Anyone else think a bit of polywatch might be good here?

I didn’t see any significant cracks in the photos, just looked like surface scratches, but I may have missed something. Anyone else think a bit of polywatch might be good here?
It’s always better with Polywatch. And you feel like you really did something yourself!!! I like the orig crystal, but at service they can be loose and may need replaced for water resistance.

Clearly your are not being overwhelmed with South African service options. If you want to send it to the other side of the Indian Ocean, Adam Lewis in Perth is a very solid recommend for vintage Omegas. He may also have the ability to get you a bezel of the appropriate look for the watch. Not cheap but he will respect the watch

That is a fantastic heirloom !

I love it ! Perfect dial and hands 🥰. It gonna be the best everyday watch once serviced 😀👍.

Cheers !
There are a number of watch service places in the Cape Town area, I have no relationship with any of them but can give you the names and contacts if you would like? Use Fedex or similar to ship both ways please.

Hello all, sorry so long to reply - I've been away in the bush, no internet - it has been bliss! 😀

Clearly your are not being overwhelmed with South African service options. If you want to send it to the other side of the Indian Ocean, Adam Lewis in Perth is a very solid recommend for vintage Omegas. He may also have the ability to get you a bezel of the appropriate look for the watch. Not cheap but he will respect the watch
Thanks Aussie Jim, I appreciate the information. If I am unable to make another plan, I will come back to this.

There are a number of watch service places in the Cape Town area, I have no relationship with any of them but can give you the names and contacts if you would like? Use Fedex or similar to ship both ways please.
Howzit Hout Bay. Thanks, I would really appreciate any contacts in the Cape area - I could get down there myself to deliver and pick up! 😀

No idea about the watchmakers but you can ask some dealers, like Peter Machlup (in Johannesburg) and/or The Watch Channel (in Sandton).
I guess they have both an in-house watchmaking service and could probably handle yours.

Cheers.

No idea about the watchmakers but you can ask some dealers, like Peter Machlup (in Johannesburg) and/or The Watch Channel (in Sandton).
I guess they have both an in-house watchmaking service and could probably handle yours.

Cheers.
Thanks Seaborg, I appreciate your input. I will look them up...

I can vouch for the Watch Channel. Solly and Adam are stand up guys and great to work with.

@twiza Living in Cape Town and having tried most of the local watchmakers, there's only two that I would recommend for servicing a vintage Speedmaster. James Findlay at the Howard Centre in Pinelands and On Time Watch Service (OTWS) in Milnerton.

Findlay is great and very reasonable price, but he does not have an Omega parts account, so if you need replacement parts, he may not be the best choice. OTWS has an Omega parts account and has good customer service, but is somewhat more expensive. Good luck on servicing that beautiful watch!

@twiza Living in Cape Town and having tried most of the local watchmakers, there's only two that I would recommend for servicing a vintage Speedmaster. James Findlay at the Howard Centre in Pinelands and On Time Watch Service (OTWS) in Milnerton.

Findlay is great and very reasonable price, but he does not have an Omega parts account, so if you need replacement parts, he may not be the best choice. OTWS has an Omega parts account and has good customer service, but is somewhat more expensive. Good luck on servicing that beautiful watch!

Hey thanks kaapstadflaneur - that is good gen! I will get hold of them today and see what they say.
Enjoy your day!

Cheers.

Well so far I have received a reply from the people at The Watch Channel, and they say that they only service watches that they sell. They say they can make me an offer for my watch, but not service it for me.