Forums Latest Members

Ingemar Stenmark vs J C Killy

1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 15, 2016

What is Jean Claude Killy compared to our Swedish national hero Ingemar Stenmark...?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingemar_Stenmark

The greatest down hill skier of all time. A man of (very) few words and an all around good guy. Still fit at 60.

J C Killy and his watches are known.

What did Stenmark use?

Well in 1974 at age 18 he showed good taste in watches (not so much in clothing...). A Speedmaster for a master of speed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Why have we not heard of a "Stenmark Speedy"?

2. lillatroll Jul 15, 2016

Probably because of his quiet Swedish disposition. My experience of Scandinavia is that the Danes are the most outgoing, followed by the swedes, then Norwegians and, although not tecnically Scandinavian, the Finnish people are the quietest. He would probably be more famous and have his own line of speedies if he had a big gob on him and wooped and hollered a bit more, if he had an american personality he would have been a legend, they like to woop and holler a lot.:)

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 15, 2016

Yeeee Hawwww!!!! Whooop Whooop!!!

If only I could ski. :(

Killy was a flash in the pan compared to Stenmark, who was IMO the greatest downhill racer of all time. :thumbsup:

Anyone got a Stenmark Speedmaster to show? ::psy::

4. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jul 15, 2016

Stenmark was the best on this planet - (if you exclude all Austrians or Swiss) ;) ::stirthepot::

joking aside I am old enough to remember him - and fond memories those are ... he really was very popular (even in alpine countries) ... some sort of quiet hero ... i still recall his yugoslavian (?) ELAN skies.

5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jul 15, 2016

How many Olympic Downhill gold medals did Stenmark win?
    Which Olympics did Stemark sweep all Men's Alpine skiing events?
    ::stirthepot::