Information on this 1961 Seamaster?

Hi everyone,

Looking at a 1961 Seamaster automatic (Cal550) and having cross referenced with the ol' omegaaddicts database it seems to all match up, but I don't know the case number so I'm hoping someone here can offer more insight on legitimacy/part matching/value! Thanks1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg

FWIW, the only parts concerning me are the 'r' a the end of seamaster and the hands, which look different to the database. But then again I'm very new to Omega so these could be me over-analysing.

It looks to me like the dial has been refinished, and not very well, the fonts seem off, I'm sure those with more knowledge will confirm soon.

I’m a little surprised that the word ‘Automatic’ is in lower case. Normally it’s in upper

When checking the watch, check the fonts and compare the dials with period similar watches. This will give you an idea if the dial is original or refinished. The font is horrible on this example.

I actually read “Seanaster”

Yeah, these things all seem so obvious to me now. It's all experience. I'll get there evenually.

The indexes being all wonky is what I saw first, followed by the 'Automatic' looking funny, then the applied logo looking so cramped. Lastly, even just 'swiss' at the bottom looks like it was done freehand.