Forums Latest Members
  1. CVanderlely Mar 5, 2013

Hello-

I am new to the forum and would like some help and info/criticism on my new Seamaster. Thank you in advance for any help. I purchased the watch on eBay from a guy locally here in Florida. It is a 1966 Seamaster - Automatic Chronometer Officially Certified. The movement is Omega caliber 564 with 24 jewels. It has the "fast" date where pulling out the crown advances the date. From what I have researched the 564 was mostly used in Constellation's and in a few Seamaster's. The watch is in excellent condition. Unfortunately the dial has been restored/refinished. The hands have a small amount of patina and the acrylic has a few minor scuffs. I do not plan on selling this watch but I would like to know an approximate value. I also have another old Seamaster that was my grandfathers with the rice grain band somewhere at my parents house. I will go dig it up soon and have it professionally looked at. It has not been worn or used in over 20 years. He is the original owner. Thanks again for all the help!

-Conrad

#4.jpg #1.jpg #5.jpg #2.jpg #3.jpg

2. mac_omega Mar 5, 2013

Please show me the numbers present on the inner side of the case back.
    Would also like to see a different view of the movement where the oscillating weight does not cover the inscription.
    It is always suspicious when SM chronometers have redone dials...

3. ulackfocus Mar 5, 2013

When I asked my Magic 8 Ball about that watch, it says "OUTLOOK NOT SO GOOD". :(

4. CVanderlely Mar 5, 2013

I will get you those ASAP. Thank you.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 5, 2013

When I look at that watch, I hear sitars and hear George Harrison and Ravi Shankar.

In other words, I think its origins were in an horological chop shop somewhere in India.

Sorry for the bad news,
    gatorcpa