Forums Latest Members
  1. genre Dec 5, 2014

Good day everyone,

I'am new to the forum.
    I just purchased an Omega Réf 2602-1 with Cal. 265 from ebay for less then 300$.
    But I cant heardly find any information on the watch, except for a post on chrono24, which has a completely different dial despite the same reference (http://www.chrono24.fr/omega/ref-26...id3034167.htm?id=3034167&picnum=2&tab=details)

Here are pictures of the one I purchased.
    Is it real or have there been any modifications? Or can you tell me something more about this watch?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Dec 5, 2014

bad dial; looks almost hand repainted...... kinds regards. achim

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 5, 2014

If you are a collector then you have a nice set of spare movement parts.

If you are just after a watch to wear, if it pleases you then that is all that matters.

Personally, that dial would drive me nuts.

Are you able to post the eBay listing?

4. genre Dec 5, 2014

Ebay Listing (http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Vintage-Omeg...h-/131363211626?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:DE:3160Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network)

I have a few 'modern' watches like a Tag Heuer Racing and a Patek Nautilus, but my interest for old mouvements and vintage watches is starting to grow.

Now that I know that it's a bad dial it will probably drive me nuts too, but coincidentally I found a 265 mouvement with dial today in my grandparents house (see pictures) or I will just buy a dial on ebay.
    At least I learned from that mistake!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. John R Smith Dec 5, 2014

Another small point (compared with the dial) is that the case clamping screws on the movement look to be incorrect (the heads are too small).