Forums Latest Members

Index dot has disappeared.

1. westie38 Oct 22, 2016

Hi, new to the forum, but on my second Planet Ocean. I currently own a 23230422101003, which I purchased in June 2013, but it lives most of its life on a watch winder due to the nature of my job. I recently took this watch in to my Omega dealers to get a valuation with a view to px it for a 21590442199001 Titanium on Titanium. Unfortunately, it was pointed out to me that the index dot on the rotating bezel was missing, much to my horror!
    The watch in general is in mint condition and the bezel shows no sign of any knocks whatsoever. I will contact Omega UK about this, as I believe it should be covered by the four year warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had ever comes across the same issue? The official Omega videos go to great lengths to show how well engineered the construction of the bezel and ceramic process is, so I would not expect it to simply drop out.
    As an aside, the bezel in the new 2016 PO watch have an orange 1/4 hour section which is a mix of rubber and ceramic, and I would be interested in knowing other peoples views as to its long term durability?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 22, 2016

Not convinced they will cover it under warranty, but the good news is that the capsule is available as an individual part on this watch, and is not expensive...

Cheers, Al

3. westie38 Oct 22, 2016

Hi Al,
    Thanks for your reply, that's good news. Any idea how I could get hold of one, part number etc, and how they fit in? I've written to Omega to see what they say, but if it's not covered at least there's some hope of a repair without having to replace the whole bezel.
    Cheers,
    Trev.

4. ulackfocus Oct 22, 2016

There's a distinct lack of pictures in this thread.

5. westie38 Oct 22, 2016

There you go. Not sure how they're fixed in when built - press fit, glue? IMG_2529.jpg

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 22, 2016

Part number is 189ST900B. As to where you can get one, well it would have to be someone with an account likely, who would be willing to do a small job and replace the capsule. I'm sure Omega would take care of this for you, and hopefully not force a service on you because of it or something like that.

7. ulackfocus Oct 22, 2016

Can't you just stick a tiny piece of used chewing gum in there and call it a day? :p

8. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 22, 2016

It would take a special chewing gum.

upload_2016-10-22_14-29-56.png

ulackfocus likes this.
  9. westie38 Oct 23, 2016

Thanks for that Al, I'll see what Omega come back with. The White Gumballs could be plan B, so long as they glow in the dark like that pink squirrel of ulackfocus:)
    Thanks for all the help,
    Trev.

10. westie38 Nov 11, 2016

Hi,
    Just a quick update to a successful outcome with my PO Seamaster. I got in touch with Omega UK on the 24 Oct about the issue with the missing luminous index dot, and they couldn't have been more helpful. They sent out a prepaid package which contained a watch case (similar to an Oakley Ballistic case), another box and packaging, together with a pre-paid Royal Mail bag for the return. Upon arrival at their Southampton centre, they sent me an email to confirm the safe delivery of the watch, and a couple of reference numbers to track the progress of the repair, which was to be done under warranty. The estimated date for completion was 22 Nov, and as the repair progressed the status was updated on the Customer Information System (inspection, waiting for parts etc).
    The watch has arrived this morning 11 Nov, ahead of schedule, once again very well packaged, and in A1 condition. One very happy Omega owner once again. The next small dilemma is whether or not to keep it, or trade up for a new Titanium on Titanium Seamaster...
    Many thanks to Al with his help, and the part number (which was 100% correct).

Regards,
    Trev.

ahartfie likes this.