Forums Latest Members
  1. Shem Aug 16, 2014

So I finally got around to replacing the Speedy Pro that I sold back when I got my Aventurine. Thanks to my wonderful friends at Omega Boutique King of Prussia (namely Steven Petrivelli -- a true WIS, ask for him if you find yourself at the Omega Boutique in King of Prussia!), I now again have my very own 3570...wait! It's now 311.30.42.30.01.005 with the awesome new box set!

There's been a lot of debate on whether the box set is really worth the extra money, but I think it finally recognizes just how important and special the "common" moonwatch actually is. There's arguably no other watch in history more deserving of something better than a standard red vinyl box, and now it finally has a presentation-worthy set befitting its provenance. Even my wife thinks it's worth it! Plus, it shows that Omega is at least trying to deliver a bit more value with the increase in price.

The NASA-style strap is far too big for my tiny wrist, but I put the new Speedy Pro on the beautiful included Omega NATO strap. I used to hate NATO straps, but this Omega one is bringing me around! What do you guys think of it?

IMG_0999.jpg IMG_1001.JPG IMG_1002.JPG IMG_1003.jpg IMG_0997.jpg IMG_0998.jpg

aktrix, JohnSteed, DanOmega and 2 others like this.
  2. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 16, 2014

Someone is on a shopping spree

JohnSteed likes this.
  3. Shem Aug 16, 2014

Haha, and very soon there may be a selling spree. :p Shaking things up.

4. LeDave Aug 16, 2014

Beautiful timepiece. Also, beautiful box.

Shem likes this.
  5. andrewd Aug 16, 2014

Nice! I am guessing the NASA strap is too big because it is designed to be worn over a spacesuit!

6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 16, 2014

You would think with that massive of a box it would contain the controls for a nuke like in Armageddon

7. repoman Aug 16, 2014

Wow, great combination Shem! I keep rolling around the idea of getting that box for my 67 Speedy Pro as it really deserves something special, and I think Omega hit a grand slam with that kit. I'm jelly!

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 16, 2014

What is the caseback thing on the right inside the box?

initialjh likes this.
  9. Shem Aug 17, 2014

It is quite long, though the pictographic instructions seem to indicate that it should be wrapped around the wrist as necessary. I tried it, but I didn't like how it wore.

It's just a medallion. It can be taken out and is basically just like a giant coin serving no purpose other than decoration. The back has a bead-blasted style finish.

10. Shem Aug 17, 2014

One thing I didn't include in my photos above is that underneath the inner box in the large clamshell outer box are two books, one is a brief history of the moonwatch, and the other is a pictorial instruction guide for changing the bracelet and straps.

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 17, 2014

Had mine a year and if i had the choice of the box for an extra $750, i would have the same red box i got a year ago.

Do like the box and all, but i have a box room. With all the boxes with that one washer from several expensive fishing reels to all those boxes from computer and GPS stuff that has a manual and a number on it that is always needed.

JohnSteed likes this.