Incoming + Question about the 8800 movement accuracy

I’ve traded in my Omega Speedmaster for the second time. This time, it was the current 3861 model in Hesalite. I just found myself never reaching for it. I may get another one in the future as I seem to always find myself with a Speedy. But after I saw this watch, I just fell in love with the color. The watch is somewhat monochromatic with the use different shades of blue. The darker applied Omega logo matching the color of the indices just adds another dimension. It also wears well on my 6.5-6.75 inch wrist. I can see myself wearing this for the next few weeks.

As far as the accuracy of the 8800 movement. I’ve had it for just under 24 hours and it’s gaining about 6.4 seconds/day. I’m not sure if this is within the tolerance of the movement. Should I observe for a few more days/weeks or let the AD know?

Thank you!

Like 5
Did you look at your individual test results at the Omega website? They're tested under specific circumstances and there are different specifications for every test. I believe all the Master Chronometer testing should result in a watch that gains time in most conditions. Sometimes, the way I wear my Seamaster or other conditions results in something over +5 spd. Now, that I've had it over two, almost three years, it has averaged less than +3 spd over all that time. There is no spec for "while worn on the wrist." I don't get too excited about a day, a week, or a single result that falls outside some interpreted spec.

Like 1
It’s probably within spec. See how it averages out over the week but my 8800 is that fast too.

Not ideal, but doubt they’d do anything about a watch a second over spec.

Like 1
Congratulations on a fantastic, beautiful watch!

Definitely give it some time before final judgement and wear it in health.

Wear it a bit longer. Chances are, leaving it in just one position won't give you a true picture of its overall accuracy. Sounds like your watch is perfectly fine.