Forums Latest Members

Incoming! Omega X-33 Skywalker Solar Impulse

1. Starman71 Jan 29, 2021

I am really excited about getting this watch. I've been researching the instruments that astronauts actually use in space today since watching SpaceX's crew launch some months ago. I decided to go with the Solar Impulse edition because I feel it represents the push to move towards a healthy planet as well, and because I like the colors! I know these watches aren't that popular as they are more tools and instruments than luxury timepieces, but I already have some great Omegas and feel like this will check the boxes for me right now.

I ordered from a trusted seller on the forum, and hope to be getting it early next week. I will follow up with pictures then! I've also posted in the WTB section for a titanium bracelet to complete the package!

OMEGAWD2020 and alefar like this.
  2. alefar Jan 29, 2021

That's a great choice! I also like the colours of the solar impulse! Plus it's tested by ESA so it's a nice addition if you already have a standard speedmaster in the collection:thumbsup:

Starman71 likes this.
  3. Starman71 Feb 5, 2021

917FC2EB-C751-41D5-A886-65392B416F7D.jpeg 3E7831FB-F482-4E9B-94D7-5057F22F8A30.jpeg 58CBFEA8-76F1-49DF-96F4-CF6D44B32DEC.jpeg
    It arrived! I think the colors make it a beautiful watch and I love the quality feel of the pushers. I figured out most of the functions, except the backlight doesn’t seem to be working. The battery sticker says 2018, so maybe it’s low but I don’t see an indicator. Any tips from owners?

jaguar11 likes this.
  4. Kronos Infinity Feb 6, 2021

Interesting... I kind of like it

Starman71 likes this.
  5. duc Feb 6, 2021

Congratulations on a terrific acquisition! I've found many ways to use the features although I have spent exactly no time in space.

If you have (or have access to) an I-pad, it is well worth the trouble to load the application for this watch on it. It is available on the Omega website.

There is no backlight on this watch like on the G1/G2 models. This has a negative display and when you depress the 8:00 pusher, the digits should brighten. To my 58 yr old eyes, it is sometimes harder to notice when in a bright area.

4.jpg

6.jpg

This watch looks great on all manner of straps or the bracelet. I've found some NATOs with Titanium hardware over the years.

Hope to see more of yours frequently!

Starman71 likes this.
  6. Starman71 Feb 6, 2021

Yes it would certainly wake you!

7. Starman71 Feb 6, 2021

Thanks you, it’s great to find a fellow owner, I like yours on the straps. Wanna sell me your bracelet?

Well the manual clearly gives instructions on how to operate a display light, but the only thing that happens is the second hand starts moving in 5 seconds increments. I did some research and this is a battery EOL indicator. I’ll just get it swapped out.

8. Butik Feb 6, 2021

Congrats for great purchase! If you're annoyed with double layer strap underneath thick case look at my video how I have changed it ;). Obviously not for everyone, especially NATO lovers (I am NATO hater on the contrary).

9. Starman71 Feb 6, 2021

The Omega X-33 is an analog/digital tool watch designed to perform functions very specific to spaceflight, not a smartwatch. The iOS app does not connect to or control the watch. It provides information about the history of the watch, and has an X-33 emulator that helps you learn to control the functions of the watch in the app with lots of help tips. You tap the watch buttons on the screen and the virtual watch responds just as a real one would. Its a lot easier than learning from a traditional manual.

The chronograph works just like a mechanical Omega chronograph. You press the 2 O'clock pusher to start/stop and the 4 O'clock pusher to reset. x-33.png

I have one of the timezones set to where one of our other offices is, so that the hands of the watch show local time, and the second timezone shows the other office.

OMEGAWD2020 likes this.
  10. jaguar11 Feb 6, 2021

Cool watch. Congratulations and wear in good health!

11. Butik Apr 30, 2021

Here short wristroll of Solar Impulse on Skywalker titanium bracelet.

12. duc Apr 30, 2021

@Starman, sorry I missed this reply when you made it.

Unfortunately the bracelet is not for sale. I swap things around frequently and like the bracelet a lot.