Forums Latest Members

Incoming - micro-rotor but not a Polerouter, I think

1. Carlton-Browne Nov 14, 2013

This arrived at the beginning of the week; it's a healthy size at 40mm though the movement allows it to sport quite a slim case for an auto. The seller reckons that it dates from the sixties but I don't think that can be accurately verified; it could, at a pinch be early seventies. It has a UG 1-69 micro-rotor movement which is one of the other features that attracted me to it together with the somewhat over-sized, signed crown, which is screw-down. The dial is a little bluer in the flesh than seems to have come through on the photos.

I knew there was an issue with the 6 o'clock bracelet end-piece when I bought it but I took a gamble that one I bought earlier in the year, speculatively, would fit it and thankfully this works. The finish on the ersatz bracelet is a strange combination of polished and what looks like bead-blasted but it's my intention to either get this brushed or even attempt it myself with the aid of a seamaster bracelet tutorial on TZ-UK. Time-keeping is good however I'll probably send it for a service in the New Year and I can hear a certain, Bristol-based watchmaker's lapping machine beckoning; particularly if I make a holy mess of the bracelet. I've tried it on a blue leather "croc", which I don't like, I'll also give it a go on a black Cousins Bellini alligator that I already have on another UG with a deployant once I'm back in Berlin.

Anyway, here are some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This shows what the original bracelet; the bottom end-piece is certainly a bit odd and is not the same as the other one.
    [​IMG]
    I became a little nervous when I couldn't find the two line reference and serial number but it's there
    [​IMG]
    It's going to need a new crystal - can't quite workout what these two marks are
    [​IMG]
    And a couple of wrist shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anybody seen one of these before?

2. ulackfocus Nov 14, 2013

Seen one? Yes - actually two or three, one of them a NOS piece on eBay last year. Can't tell you anything about them though.