Forums Latest Members
  1. JohnSteed Mar 24, 2014

I posted my new Speedie Pro on WRUW but like 'paw use to say, better late dan never for the 'incoming' thread.

I began search for Speedmaster Pro a few weeks ago. Ya'll may (or may not) remember dis -

http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-speedmaster-105-012-pre-buy-question-help.10703/

What a grueling day dat was. I'm glad someone else was able to pick this watch up and (hopefully) there could be an incoming thread for it, I think, but not by me .. was it .....? :thumbsdown:

Silver lining...I received great comments (public and private) helping analyze that (lost) watch, for which I'm very thankful!! From the link above you can see the OF members who provided helpful & funny insights. Those who encouraged and helped anonymously, thanks so much TO ALL :thumbsup:

So while that watch from Hillstreet slipped through my fingers, a bit of good luck came via PM which turned out to be something I could (and FELT ready to) appreciate. I think it's much better to purchase old Os on this forum !

INCOMING...
    As luck would have it, KRLYUZH had a Speedie Pro 105.012-66 I couldn't let pass. So with whatever skill gained here (what little of it that's rubbed off from the greats (you know who you are, actually, we all know), I pulled the trigger after my own review!! What a blast dat was! I really don't know all there is but hey, ... Well, I used the prior misses to get comfortable and that was that. I bought watches before without this much review/analysis. I'm REALLY satisfied with what I've received.

KRLYUZH (a GOOD Seller) was amazingly helpful in dat transaction and answered lots of questions. I would certainly buy from KRLYUZH again.

Widout further adieu, heeeer's Speedie Pro 105.012-66 (sorry it took a while) on its -67 bracelet ... My & seller pics togeder ---

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

::love:: :) dat says it

Its joined a rather small stable ...

image.jpg

ps.: anyone with more in-depth analysis please do feel free to PM me. I don't bruise easily, as one can't be when wading in/through vintage watch waters. I don't have a 2998 so need to polish MY analysis skill ..... just sayin :rolleyes:

2. Tritium Mar 24, 2014

Congrats John:thumbsup:
    I seriously considered this one when I saw it on the FS section, and now I´m happy to see you bought it.
    Wear it in good health;)

BTW, I´ll answer your kindly PM as soon as I have time. Been busy last few days.

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 24, 2014

Congrats on what has become my favorite pre-moon reference (and I have one of those straight-lugs everyone seems to lust for). The differences on the -66 CB case are subtle (flat top lugs, crease on the side across the lugs), but that makes the difference to me. Like adding a touch of grace and class to the brute strength of that iconic case.
    When I saw the Yuzh'd example (pun intended), I tried to justify tapping the credit card and adding another example (clearly I came to my senses). I'm glad it ended up in the family!
    Enjoy it my brother!

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 24, 2014

That's purty!

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 24, 2014

DON strikes again!

6. cristos71 Mar 24, 2014

Great result! That's a seriously nice example of the 105022! ::love::

7. richardew Mar 24, 2014

Beautiful! Long live DON!

8. Dablitzer Mar 24, 2014

Seriously nice one!

9. donkii Mar 24, 2014

Looks awesome! The Wakmann you got there, if it's not getting any wrist time in a near future, I'm interested ;)

10. Tritium Mar 24, 2014

Ok, I´ll call dibs on the other two watches...:rolleyes:

donkii likes this.
  11. JohnSteed Mar 24, 2014

Receiving my first dibs?? Whoa...Now who's blowin' smoke .... LoL.

One of my first question some time back was 'wots a don bezel?' if I recall dat right.

Well, I'm really liking dis. Thanks you all.