Forums Latest Members
  1. dafuture Nov 18, 2018

Just pulled the trigger on my first Speedy, a 3594.50 Broad Arrow. Looking forward to testing it out when it gets here on Wednesday!

That being said, does anyone know where I can get a standard Speedy Pro bezel? I love everything on the 3594 except the stainless bezel, so I'd like to attempt a swap if possible.

Thanks!

2. fskywalker Nov 18, 2018

Congrats on the new Speedy!

You can buy the bezel assembly through a watchmaker or used (here, on other watch forums, on Ebay, etc.)

Foo2rama and superfly like this.
  3. larryganz The cable guy Nov 18, 2018

I'd bet someone out here would want to swap a standard bezel for the stainless.

But buying one outright might be a little harder since Swatch/Omega put the brakes on selling parts through 3rd parties. After you've been here for a while and posted a lot of useful things, you can participate in the "wanted to buy and for sale" forums, and post an add that you are looking. You could buy one on eBay but many of them are fakes. You could contact ofrei.com and see if they have any left, or cousins.co.uk

I'd say that you'll want to save the original parts, in case you ever sell it, because some/most buyers are sticklers for having an all original watch if possible.

superfly, fskywalker and ptfly like this.
  4. dafuture Nov 18, 2018

Thanks for the advice, both of you. I found a couple sites that seem to have them in stock, but I've been trying to track down the correct part number so I don't buy the wrong one.

I'll most likely hang onto the stainless bezel in case I sell it or decide I don't like the standard black.

Does anyone know if this is the right part number? -
    OM082SU1589

Regardless I'll be sure to post pics when it comes in on Thursday!

superfly and fskywalker like this.
  5. fskywalker Nov 18, 2018

Yes that is the correct part number for the "standard" insert. There are 5 different inserts available, the other variations have an additional designation at the end of the part number (like 082SU1589PU which is the pulse meter insert)

superfly likes this.
  6. dafuture Nov 18, 2018

Got it, thanks! If that's the case I'm going to try and track one down tomorrow.

Ultimately I really fell for the Speedy Tuesday, but just couldn't justify the price. The 3594 has a lot of the characteristics I liked about the ST (applied logo and metal hands), so i figured swapping the bezel was a way to get about 85% of the way there for 1/3 the price.

fskywalker likes this.
  7. fskywalker Nov 19, 2018

Yes Speedy Tuesday is a great looking watch but so much for just a different dial is crazy.

8. dafuture Nov 19, 2018

Agreed. I love it, don't get me wrong. I just wish the prices were closer to 5ish instead of 7-8.

9. raison_ Nov 19, 2018

congratulations! i think the steel bezel has its charms too

10. dafuture Nov 19, 2018

Thanks! I'm pretty stoked.
    I agree the steel bezel has its charms, but I think it's a bit too much metal for me between the case, hands, bezel, and bracelet. Plus, my other watch (Rolex Explorer I) has a stainless bezel, so I'd like something a little different.

amiriqbal likes this.
  11. dafuture Nov 19, 2018

Quick update, managed to find a bezel from a member on here. Should be here by the end of the week!

I'm looking forward to getting it on my wrist.

Foo2rama likes this.
  12. amiriqbal Nov 19, 2018

My first speedy was/is also a 3594. You've made a great choice.

I would be really interested to see how it looks with the standard bezel. Please post some pics ! :)

13. dafuture Nov 24, 2018

Finally arrived! The watch looks great (though I'll work on getting some pictures up). I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do. Unfortunately, the standard bezel looked terrible with the 3594. The dial is really more of a dark grey than a black, so the colors really didn't match up.

Truth be told, I purchased the Speedy to get a different bezel in my small collection. At the moment, each of the watches I own (Rolex Explorer, Tag Heuer Aquaracer) has a steel bezel. I liked the standard bezel partially because it was black. So my question now is this; do I sell the 3594 and replace it with a different model? Or do I just hang onto it and try to get passed having all steel bezels?

fskywalker likes this.
  14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 24, 2018

Decide after wearing it a bit.