Forums Latest Members
  1. hockey Sep 1, 2020

I normally always buy vintage for these reasons, better value, cool factor, history, easier to not lose money when reselling. But when I saw this one I had to have it. Pretty excited - I feel like a little boy waiting in line for some cotton candy . . .

2998.jpg

DaveK, sonicosa, Taddyangle and 9 others like this.
  2. janice&fred Sep 1, 2020

I'll tell you what, there's a lot to love about that dial :thumbsup:

3. scapa Sep 1, 2020

Love that pulsations dial -- I'd actually insist on using it too, and maybe pick up an old Gladstone bag to drape my 'scope over ostentatiously as I perused the chart...

Great pickup. Enjoy!

Dsloan likes this.
  4. Dedlock Sep 1, 2020

I tried really hard to get this watch new from my Ad for two years but alas I failed and gave up.

Congratulations this is a modern classic.

5. hockey Sep 6, 2020

Arrived this week. I'm very pleased with this purchase as it's a great fit for my wrist size, and I think the dial is beautiful. There are tiny concentric rings on the black minute track that I could not see with my naked eye, so a nice surprise as I examined the dial with a 4x loupe. I've put it on a generic black leather strap for the time being as I clean up a 1564/975 Omega bracelet. The white enamel printing on the black ceramic bezel is a nice touch, as is the red lacquer sweep seconds hand. I'm really impressed with all the fine details Omega carried out on this watch.

10.jpg

6. Happy Sep 6, 2020

Congratulations on a lovely purchase!!

7. w@tcher Sep 7, 2020

This is a great watch! I love it!
    I prefer it more than the blue version. The dial is perfect.

* I would always like to see this model with the tachymeter bezel and compare it with the pulsation bezel...

8. Vale21 Sep 7, 2020

Same opinion as w@tcher, I prefer more this edition!
    Congrats !!!

9. Blackdog Sep 7, 2020

Congratulations !

It's a lovely watch indeed ! (mine says hi !)
    20200708_103607.jpg

10. cyuvan Sep 7, 2020

Congratulations! Beautiful watch. Thanks for sharing.

Like you, I previously only collected vintage Speedmasters. I couldn't resist this one and am so glad I took the plunge. It is getting alot more wrist time than I expected. Love it!

Please send some pics once you have the bracelet cleaned up. I am still trying to decide on a bracelet.

11. VjaceCZ Sep 7, 2020

Love this watch. I can get one from my friend but still didn’t decide... Your post will maybe convince me to pull the trigger.

Enjoy your piece!

12. slwoodster Sep 10, 2020

Beautiful!!!