Forums Latest Members
  1. actionj Dec 21, 2015

Hi, folks. This 1975 Omega Seamaster 176.007 is my first vintage watch adding to my humble Planet Ocean and Rolex Explorer II sports watch collection.

I first wanted the SS version of this watch, and I still do, but I found a deal I couldn't pass up on a gold model in great shape. The more I saw it, the more I liked it and felt this would fill my need for at least one gold watch. I put this bad boy on a brown hornback alligator strap that makes it look both sporty and classy at the same time (at least to me!) and I absolutely love it. The wide 22mm lugs allow for a larger strap that add to the bulk of the watch so that it looks good even on my caveman 8" wrists!

I also acquired an original gold bracelet and 653 end links for this watch and I'm having them cleaned and restored. That said, I need one or two additional links for the 1162 bracelet. Does anyone know where I can find additional links for this gold-plated bracelet?

Thanks for your feedback in advance. Best!

Gold 1975 Omega Seamaster - 1024.jpg bracelet and end links.png
    Andy K and 1685 like this.
  2. jud Dec 21, 2015

Cool, nice pick up.

3. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Dec 21, 2015

4. JohnSteed Dec 21, 2015

Nice pickups @actionj

Try here, post a WTB in that thread
    Try eBay

Cheers!

5. mikekilo725 Dec 21, 2015

Not sure if it was just me or in general, but last purchase I made through Frei almost didn't happen because they told me Omega is getting tight with the parts and back in October, Frei had been shipped the last shipment for the year. At least that is what they told me

6. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Dec 21, 2015

I ordered from them in November...

Tom

7. mikekilo725 Dec 21, 2015

Good to know. May have just been then. Good people

8. actionj Dec 22, 2015

Actually mikekilo725 is correct. Just last week Ofrei told me that they could no longer get parts from Omega and could therefore only sell what they currently have in stock on their website. Thanks for the feedback folks.