Forums Latest Members
  1. Duderino May 9, 2024

Hello,
    This is my first post, so let me say that I really enjoy looking through the conversations here, and appreciate the in depth knowledge of the Omega community. I am a watch enthusiast and enjoy working on watches. i am an amateur, just doing your basic cleaning and lubricating.

So, I am hoping that there is a way that I can fix this problem. I had cleaned my Omega Cal 750, and was about to finish lubricating. I unlatched the incabloc spring, on the dial side, and it just falls off. The hinge is no longer attached. I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to reattach it.

If anyone had some insight they would share on how to reattach this, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks
    IMG_20240505_214200648.jpg

2. Canuck May 9, 2024

I am unable to see enough detail in your poor photograph to be able to help you. If you locate the Google Image app and search for Incabloc Springs, there are several tutorials showing how to do this. Be sure you haven’t broken off one of the ends of the “T” hinge of the spring.

Edited May 9, 2024
  3. sheepdoll May 9, 2024

OFrie sells an assortment of incabloc assemblies for practic. The springs are really easy to snap in half.

I use two pieces of peg wood to open and close them. One sharpened flat like a screwdriver. The other tri pointed. I try not to let one side open all the way.

I of course also have the toy which is my avatar, which is a large version of the system. I also tend to buy assortments when ever I see them for cheap online.

The lower ones are often pressed in. Especially in the little ladies movements. So to get the replacement spring one has to press out the setting then work the feet back into the slot. The better watches use a screw. The upper ones use a U clip to hold the reglator in place.

The springs are made of some sort of anodized steel. They do not stand up to being soaked in Alum when removing screws. They can also become magnetized. Even degaussed they can stick to thing what are not completly clean.

Curiously the same settings are often used in inexpnsive A Schild, Felsa and Eta watches. These are really good for practicing on. When looking for such one has to make sure the spring was not used for a prior repair.

Pip likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 10, 2024

Not uncommon on these. You can try to feed it back into the setting, but if that isn't working you could press the entire setting out a little from the other side, then slip the spring in, and press the setting back in.

If the setting comes all the way out, make sure you orient it correctly when you press it back in - there is a portion of the setting that is shaved off to clear the calendar functions, so it has to be pressed back in in the same position it is in now.

Pip, WestCoastTime and sheepdoll like this.
  5. Duderino May 10, 2024

Thanks. I will try to press it out slightly to get it back in.