Forums Latest Members
  1. omegawatchlvr Jul 16, 2015

Hi, for the restoration of a 145.024 'Flat Jedi' I'm looking for an 861 Seamaster dial, however not just a normal one. A blue sunburst dial with dark purple registers. I can find images of the silver model, the panda dial and the grey and orange dial. However of my dial variation I have just found a few. I'll attach a picture of the dial I'm searching for , all rights to the owner for the picture of course.

I hope anyone on the forum can help me locate on of these dials, the only other option I would like for this watch would be the panda dial. Thanks for any help and input!

David

OmegaSeamaster861b.JPG
  2. marturx Jul 16, 2015

I have such a dial. Not exactly mint, but on the other hand it´s not expensive either

Jedi-dial.jpg

3. omegawatchlvr Jul 16, 2015

Hi marturx, it seems better than the dial I currently have. Could you PM me about details and price thanks. I could also use one dial to let one restorate, however I have bad experience with re-done dials.

David

4. omegawatchlvr Jul 16, 2015

[​IMG]

This is how it looks now, movement is serviced, glas is new, case is used but unpolished and sharp! Dial and hands are untouched.

David

5. marturx Jul 16, 2015

It seems like these dial are suffering from the same disease, enamel loosening. I think the paint job at the factory was inferior on these. I have had another one too, looking the same.

If I were you, I should try to get in contact with a dial restorer, to see if it's possible to have your dial repaired where the enamel is gone.

IMO the dial you have is better than mine.

If you still want mine, PM a fair offer, and it's yours.

6. JanV May 5, 2018

Has anyone found out some more info regarding this blue sunburst dial on the Jedi? I have one and would love some more information as the only info i found on the forum was a photo of a sales certificate stating “LE Blue Dial”,
    referring the version to be a limited edition.

Anyone knowing how many where produced with this dial?

It seems to be quite little information out there on this watch.

I got a Extract of the Archives but there where no special remarks in it.

7. omegawatchlvr May 6, 2018

I have not found any additional information as well. I think you are correct to assume the dial is limited edition or limited run. I have since found a dial which is slightly better. Because of the scarecity i rarely wear the watch , afraid any humidity will destroy the dial . Call me crazy . There was also a silver dial Jedi which is not seen often as well. The current replacement dial is a dial you could find in a “regular” seamaster chronograph so to me seems less interesting. If you or anyone else does find some new things please share

David

8. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it May 6, 2018

For what is worth I don't find your current dial unattractive at all.

9. JanV May 6, 2018

Yes, will do.

Very little information is out there.
    I was hoping the Extract of the Archives would have shed some light on the issue, but no.

Here’s a photo of my watch, not using it too often either not to scratch the sunburst. :)

B0EA6689-66AA-4851-85D1-0E8D18D15CC1.jpeg
  10. omegawatchlvr May 14, 2018

In addition to my post may the 6th here are a few pictures of the slightly better dial I've found and put in my watch of course I still have the other. Stunning watch as well there JanV nice combo with that strap.

David

_DSC0299.jpg _DSC0302.jpg IMG_6601.jpg
    JanV likes this.
  11. omegawatchlvr May 14, 2018

I'm not much of a photographer so flame suit on, had to wear it to see the last jedi when it came out ;) . This dial can really pop!

12. Michael_S Dec 23, 2020

Good morning, I also have a Jedi with a, well, "blue" dial.
    I have a soft spot for "tropic" dials, however, I have been thinking about changing the dial recently.
    I could also do with the more common grey dial as to my knowledge this version had the same coloured hands as the blue dial.

Do these dials show up for sale more often? I have been screening ebay, all I came across is a white dial...

Jedi Dial.jpg