Forums Latest Members
  1. kimchismell Jul 23, 2015

I live in the United States. Are there any import duties or fees if I purchase a watch internationally? If so, what can i expect?

2. ELV web Jul 23, 2015

Google your state consumption tax, also Google US import tax on watch. I am not a U.S. Citizen though.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 26, 2015

USPS not consistent with collection of duties; with the other carriers like FedEx, DHL, UPS about 3 to 5% of declared value depending on how the value breakdown is done - i.e. what percentage of the declared value is for the movement, the case and the strap.

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 26, 2015

5. chickenman26 Jul 26, 2015

My only experiences are with EMS/USPS from Japan to Arizona a few months ago. One package valued at $550 and the other at $1850. They both spent 2 days in customs at LA, but no duty collected on either one.

6. sryukon Aug 6, 2015

I got hit with a watch purchase from Singapore but not much I got a invoice from FedEx two weeks after delivery::confused2::

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Aug 6, 2015

I bought few years back from Japan, no fees (ebay). I bought 3+ months back from Taiwan no fees (retail watch seller with store front). And a few weeks back from a member here from Switzerland, no fees. I did not complete any custom forms and in the two most recent transactions the actual price was on forms that seller completed (I don't recall on the one from a few years back, but I assume it too was the correct amount). All packages arrived to me within 3-5 days. These were all high dollar watches as well.

All were shipped to San Diego.

I just assumed there were no fees, same as if I bought from seller in USA. No fees, only taxes if I buy in California, which I won't.