Forums Latest Members
  1. bubu16 Dec 26, 2019

As far as I know, OF is the only forum where you can insert images/photos straight from your computer. The other fora, you have to use a host. Does it cost money to have the OF way? If not why can't the others adopt the OF way? It is a pain to use a host for photos/images and I stand corrected. Thanks aa always

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 26, 2019

You don't need a host on WUS and at least a couple more I can think of.

Dan S and Archer like this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Dec 26, 2019

Wish all forums were as simple for the user as OmegaForums. Don't know how easy it is for administrators and moderators, but it's seemless and unfussy for us.

connieseamaster likes this.
  4. Dan S Dec 26, 2019

There are others places where you can directly upload photos, but I totally agree that the functionality of OF is head-and-shoulders above the rest, with drag-and-drop multiple file uploads, etc. The real-time updates and alerts are also impressive. It's a great platform. Amazing that they don't accept donations or sponsors.

DaveK and noelekal like this.
  5. 03Hemi Dec 26, 2019

I belong to 5 other forums and none of them require a host, they're just like OF. In fact, 3 out of the 5 let you add the photo and enlarge it just like OF does. The one's that don't, if you load the photo from a host site they're inserted as large as the site that hosts them. fwiw

6. bubu16 Dec 26, 2019

Good to know and so many thanks for the info. OF is such a usr friendly site and like a good great teacher, very, very strict. Love it.

7. krogerfoot Dec 26, 2019

OF doesn't seem to work with the Tapatalk app, although on the other hand I haven't ever understood what benefit is derived from using Tapatalk. Their pitch seems to be "how about opening this forum on our app instead, so we can throw a bunch of ads at you while removing some of the functionality of the forum's own site. Oh, we'll also degrade the quality of your photos and then request your financial support 'so we can continue to improve our product.'" I guess making a crappy product and then promising to make it less crappy if people pay you for it is savvy business in the app design world these days.

Ahem, yes, I also like OF. Good site, good forum.