Forums Latest Members

If watches wasn't bad enough...(Now I'm buying custom straps)

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 26, 2017

Had to get a new strap for a 22mm watch I had bought and ended up going the custom hand made leather strap. So after going down the strap rabbit hole ( one hell of a rabbit hole that is ) and getting some advice from members here. Thanks @watchdaddy1 for all those killer links last year.

Have just ordered a few more custom straps from a few suppliers

Have already
    image.jpeg
    On the way for my Speedmaster
    image.jpeg
    Both from
    http://snprstrap.com/

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Syrte and watchdaddy1 like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2017

I was totally expecting you to have turned to the dark side and become a paneristi when I saw the first pic

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 26, 2017

watchdaddy1 likes this.
  4. watchdaddy1 Mar 26, 2017

Ha nice straps glad I could enable another budding strap whore....Hehehe & Joe's a great guy & easy to deal with as well.

Edited Mar 26, 2017
  5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 26, 2017

Really nice straps and totally worth it IMHO.... Of course I'm a bit biased - All of the watches below are on bespoke straps:

IMG_0996.JPG IMG_9213.JPG IMG_0926.JPG IMG_9310.JPG IMG_7586.JPG
    Tire-comedon, Foo2rama, adi4 and 5 others like this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2017

@Syrte some of those are pretty serious, that last one with the juxtaposition between the Seiko 150M on the orange and snake strap then the tennis bracelet looks like nothing I've ever seen before!

Vitezi, Foo2rama and Syrte like this.
  7. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 26, 2017

Thanks @dsio I'll take it as a compliment. In truth most are serious watches deserving of their own special strap-- except the snake on Seiko was a bit of a female indulgence, and we know there aren't too many women strap fiends around here...:p

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 27, 2017

Some different straps there :thumbsup:

Syrte likes this.
  9. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 27, 2017

@Syrte - the straps you use add such a nice variation to your collection and really add to the look of the watch. So often I only focus on the dial and lose site of the other components of the watch. Sometimes I shake it up a bit with my vintage Ploprof going from mesh, bracelet to rubber. But wow, those leather straps that you share have me thinking.... Thanks for sharing.

Syrte likes this.
  10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 27, 2017

Thank you @STANDY, @Taddyangle, didn't mean to draw the attention away from the nice straps in the OP-- but I'll admit to being a bit strap-happy, and I really do think the right strap can completely "make the watch".
    @Tire-comedon who noticed my habit of collecting vintage watch straps seems to think I'm a bit nutty though-- imagine that :p

Vitezi, Taddyangle and STANDY like this.