Forums Latest Members

If a Manhatten had a baby with a Pie Pan

1. Awetaylor Mar 18, 2021

Firstly, sorry about the terrible photos :whipped: . I did not have my phone on me and I asked my partner to take them on her phone, I overestimated her watch photography skills and I didn't check. I'll try to go back and take better photos soon, if people are interested.

So I saw this beauty in the Omega Boutique in Paris, only one, hidden in the corner of the shop.

I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but it's apparently meant to be a celebration of the first constellation in 1952. The model is called the 1952. I can't find it online at all so I regret not staying for longer and persisting in asking the salesman for the details using my imperfect French.
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 13.49.23.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 13.49.12.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 13.49.26.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 13.49.27.jpeg

I find it absolutely stunning, and the first modern arrowhead dial I have seen. Next to my arrowhead Connie, It looked like a very appropriate tribute.

Around 13,000 euro, Sedna rose gold.

What are people's thoughts? Has anyone already seen/bought this and has more photos to share?

maskwp, Dedlock and Zapatta like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 18, 2021

I always liked this model, very pretty watch. Brand new at msrp it’s not worth consideration as the markup on gold Omega’s is still rather excessive but used at that price or less it’s not bad.

Awetaylor likes this.
  3. Awetaylor Mar 18, 2021

Stunning in person,

Although looking back at the photos, I think the roman numerals on the bezel and arrowhead markers are overkill

Kind of like wearing both belt and bracers

Vitezi and Fallout Boy like this.
  4. Zapatta Mar 18, 2021

5. Awetaylor Mar 18, 2021

Dedlock and Zapatta like this.
  6. Dedlock Mar 18, 2021

i had no idea something like this was out there! if they remove the roman numerals from the bezel, i think they've got potential for reviving their Manhattan constellation line.

Does anybody know when was this special edition released? this was probably a proto release before the they went with the Globemaster.

Wetworks likes this.
  7. Alfista88 Mar 18, 2021

2013. This is the model on which Omega debuted Sedna gold alloy. 7 years after its release, at least one is still available in the US Omega Boutique network. Or at least as of late December.

I almost purchased it, but decided against it last minute because I was concerned about how that brushed roman numeral ring would look, after years of scratches. After seeing how scratches appear in watches with brushed bezels (like the Breguet Type XX Transatlantique, RO, Nautilus), I decided I'd rather have a less prominent bezel for a gold dress watch. So now patiently waiting until 2022 and see Omega introduces any arrow-hand pie pans for the Connie's 70th anniversary.

I'm still very enchanted by the watch though, and would happily pick one up if available at 30 - 40 % off MSRP if it ever became available from a grey. The weight & substance of the gold clasp was a very pleasant surprise, when trying it on the wrist. Perfectly balances out the weight heavy gold + sapphire sandwiched gold case. The OB network mentioned the factory guarantees replacement straps for models with custom straps like this, to be available for at least 30 years after a watch model's release (so minimum 2043). So no worries about stocking up on replacement straps.

Awetaylor and Dedlock like this.
  8. Awetaylor Mar 18, 2021

fingers crossed because that is a game changer if they come in different price ranges.

And vintage is very much in fashion right now, let’s hope they take the leap

9. Canuck Mar 18, 2021

Not even if I won the biggest Power Ball in history!

10. Awetaylor Mar 20, 2021

What is it that you don't specifically like?