Forums Latest Members
  1. Lambert Nov 12, 2016

Hello,
    I would like to identify this woman watch, I know it was bought in the 70s or 80s and that the braclet is not original.
    I could not have a picture of the mechanism.

Thank you.

130.JPG 133.JPG 135.JPG
  2. jebula Nov 13, 2016

Maybe calibre 625? Not sure tho. Can't say about the case. Not much value there, unless sentimental.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 13, 2016

Omega De Ville maybe caliber 625, Model No 511.0012.

Possible solid gold case going by the hallmarks, so worth gold scrap unless there is sentimental value

For proper identification we need to know more.

Where was it purchased.
    Where are you located.
    Are you buying or selling or keeping.

Proper photos of the insides of the watch are essential for a valid identification.

4. Lambert Nov 13, 2016

Thank you for your answers.

This watch was bought in France by my grandmother in France in the 70s or 80s. A picture of the interior will not help you because a watchmaker stole the omega mechanisme during repair, my grandmother noticed more years later after having deposited the watch at another watchmaker.
    I know it does not have much value, I want to keep it.
    I asked by curiosity and also to know if it was possible to find an independent mechanism (omega) for this Watch.

5. Davidt Nov 13, 2016

Pictures of the inside are not just for the movement calibre, but also the model ref which is engraved on the inside of the caseback.

6. Lambert Nov 13, 2016

Yes it's true, if I have the opportunity I will post a picture of the Inside.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 13, 2016

Because watches like yours were often melted for the gold, there are Omega movements out there, eBay etc, so it wouldn't be too hard to get it back to original configuration.

The caseback number will be needed to confirm the movement though.

OM625Examples.png

8. François Pépin Nov 14, 2016

I guess we can see eagle hallmarks, so it is solid gold. If it is a classic movement like the 620 or the 625, it would not be hard to find another one in working condition.

The story of a watchmaker stealing the movement sounds odd: the solid gold case (it is actually eagle marks) worth more than the movement.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.