Forums Latest Members

Identifying Early-/Mid-2000s Seamaster

1. kaapstadflaneur Dec 29, 2020

Hello,

I recently came across this early- to mid-2000s Seamaster up for sale on a Japanese website. I would appreciate some help with the reference as I haven't been able to figure it out via an image search (seller has been no help on the reference). The serial number is 80440496 which dates the watch, I believe, to the early- to mid-2000s. I've never seen this dial configuration before and found it quite fetching with the black dial and 12-6-9 layout and the wide bezel. (Apologies as the photos appear to be over-exposed with weird reflections -- they are the seller's, not mine).

175.jpg 176.jpg 177.jpg

It's listed as 38mm in diameter, but I'm guessing that measurement must be including the crown as the proportions suggest that it's likely a 36mm case, especially as it has what appears to be a steel Bond-style bracelet (1501?) with 832 end links.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with identifying the reference for this Seamaster. Cheers.

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 29, 2020

Looks like a fairly standard SM120m variant, as you say early 2000s would be right. 36mm case size and 18mm bracelet. Similar but not the same as the Bond bracelet, this one has a sliding clasp and no extension. It is possible it is a Japanese market dial but it isn't all that weird.

janice&fred and kaapstadflaneur like this.
  3. Donn Chambers Dec 29, 2020

It has a similar dial layout to the Seamaster Omegamatic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Seamaster_Omegamatic

so I wonder if it isn’t a variant without the rotating bezel. Or, as Padders said, it could just be a 120m with a Japanese market dial.

either way, I think it is more m the mid 90s and not mid 00s.

kaapstadflaneur likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 29, 2020

25015300 - Japan market as you suspected.

kaapstadflaneur and padders like this.
  5. kaapstadflaneur Dec 29, 2020

@padders Greatly appreciate the quick response -- based on the reference information that @Archer looked up (thanks much!), you hit the nail on the head with the Japanese market suggestion. I had been thinking Seamaster 120m (and should have mentioned that in my original post), but the 12-6-9 dial threw me off a bit. Definitely adding this reference to my ever-growing wishlist. Cheers!