Forums Latest Members
  1. fz23 Nov 15, 2015

Good evening everyone, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as a new member to the vintage Omega community. I have accumulated a number of Seiko automatic (predominantly Divers) and TAG Heuer watches over the years. Having had an interest in owning a classic vintage Omega for some time, I have finally made my first purchase today. I was hoping to perhaps get your advice on some detail for my watch and discuss it with you. Hence apologies for my ignorance in the process as I am just coming to grips with this whole new universe!

I am about to take possession of this gold-plated Omega from c.1967 (25xxx movement number) with a 565 calibre. The case back inside marking reads 166.041. This, and the style of the case and hands, lead me to believe it's a Genève. However it's missing the Genève writing on the dial.. Very odd as I have never seen any alike.. Could it be that the face was changed? I have read that Omega had to stop printing this signing on the face when the Canton Geneva introduced the regulation that only workshops located there where allowed to use it. However I believe this wasn't until the 70s, and the movement seems to suggest it's a 67?

Unfortunately I have no history about this watch. It came from a collector who passed away and the family decided to sell his collection. Therefore any light you could shed on this would be much appreciated!!

Many thanks in advance!
    Fabian

$_57 (2).JPG $_57 (1).JPG $_57.JPG
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 15, 2015

3. fz23 Nov 15, 2015

Thanks- I traced the basic info as well. I'm slightly confused in relation to the dial and face which seems very different to any other Genève..

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 15, 2015

Your dial has been refinished.