Forums Latest Members

[Identify][Omega Seamaster] No luck on Omega's vintage catalog or Google Images

1. MKDauff Jan 9, 2017

New to the forum but looking to be a regular. Found a random vintage Omega on my local Craigslist and can't identify it for the life of me. I imagine that is a bad sign from the start, but it looks pretty clean.

Unfortunately the jeweler closest to the seller is a 90 y/o man who didn't want to open the case to find the ref. Other searches say this is probably good given access might be from the crystal.

Seller and jeweler said it was auto, but I'm somewhat doubtful...haven't had a chance to put my hands on it. No wording on the dial saying it is. Also no "Swiss Made" from what I can see in the pictures. Not sure of crown...

Closest thing I've found is ref 14770 but the Arabic 12/9/6 throw it off. Could be a redial.

Any advice? Asking $300 but only because that's what the 90 yo jeweler appraised it at.

Best,
    Matt

image.png image-1.png
  2. MKDauff Jan 10, 2017

Any ideas? Heard this was the best place to ask!

3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jan 10, 2017

Originally, it was a De Ville and maybe powered by an automatic movement. Unfortunately, the dial was refinished badly and wrong.

Don't buy it.

4. Kmart Jan 10, 2017

Didn't trust my advice on Reddit? ::bleh::

Take a pass on this one, not worth $300. And like I said, keep an eye on the sales forums / recommended ebay watches thread if Seamasters with Arabic numerals tickle your fancy.

MKDauff likes this.
  5. MKDauff Jan 10, 2017

Hahaha covering my bases. Like how I kept the title format similar too?

Thanks all!

Kmart likes this.
  6. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 10, 2017

Take your money to the C's forum here, lots of droolworthy stuff