Forums Latest Members
  1. bgrisso Apr 4, 2018

I'm trying to figure out what I have here, I purchased this UG chrono sweep along with some other UG parts on ebay a while back, but not sure what cal it's for.
    Pictured next to it is a cal 287 sweep (the bent one), that one I'm sure about.
    Clearly the tube is thinner on the hand in question, the tube also appears slightly shorter, and the hand itself about 1mm longer (although it's hard to tell with one curved and one straight?).
    I know the 287 (285 family) tube is thicker than the 281 family, so I was thinking this is likely for a cal 481/281 Tri with a flat dial? However, with the slightly shorter tube length I'm not sure if it's for a chrono only, or chrono plus date, which requires the extra length? But I'm not really sure if there are any chrono only that would require such a long sweep?
    Will probably sell but don't really want returns, and would suck for the buyer to get stuck with something that doesn't work, so trying to see if possible to figure out what it is. My watchmaker says just have to try fitting it to different cals and see what works. Any thoughts appreciated. thx.

P1000920_adj.jpg P1000921_adj.jpg P1000922_adj.jpg P1000923_adj.jpg P1000924_adj.jpg