Forums Latest Members
  1. goodgravy Nov 23, 2013

Hi all,
    I was recently given an Omega watch as a gift - I'm looking for help in identifying the model, and also a recommendation for where I can get a couple of links taken out of the band.

I've attached some photos - the face says "Seamaster"; the back says "Seamaster Quartz Dynamic". I know it was originally purchased in the early- to mid-80s. It's quite a slight design which makes me think it was either unisex or a ladies watch.

Secondly, I need to get a couple of links taken out of the band. I read some horror stories about the official Omega service centre in the UK, so does anyone have recommendations for somewhere that could do that work in London? The quicker the turnaround the better!

Thanks a lot!

20131123_102059.jpg 20131123_102114.jpg 20131123_102125.jpg

2. Habitant Nov 23, 2013

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 23, 2013

Your watch is commonly called the Dynamic Spider & was a fairly late variation to the Dynamic range which started in 1968. This model came out in 1984 & is one of less often seen variations. The reference no for the watch is SE 396.0993 if you want to see if it is on the Omega Vintage Database.

4. Habitant Nov 23, 2013

As to the extra links, there ought to be Omega reference numbers on the bracelet clasp which at least will give you a start on tracking down the clasp/bracelet combination. If you're lucky, you may be able to order these parts from a supplier like Cousins UK. Or perhaps an eBay search - good luck, either way. Or go into one of the Omega boutiques - one at Oxford Circus, the other near the top of Bond Street and....

5. goodgravy Nov 23, 2013

Thanks guys! That does look like the right model.

Habitant - luckily I need to get the links taken out, rather than added, which will be an easier job :)

6. Dale409 Dec 8, 2013

Hi goodgravy

I am looking for a couple of links for the same model watch. If you still have them and want to sell them, please let me know.

Cheers

Dale