Identification Assistance

Greetings!

I bought the watch off of eBay awhile ago and intended to post earlier, but work opportunities and priorities took over as the COVID situation developed here in Japan.

The seller received the watch as part of an estate he purchased. The watch shipped out from Texas to where I am now in Tokyo. I purchased it for roughly $350.

I'd like to know whether the watch is legit (based on the admittedly limited information I can provide), and if so, any kind of identification information. I won't be crushed if it's not legit so feel free to be as critical as you'd like. If it is real, I'd be considering restoration, so feel free to throw in any thoughts on that as well.

I don't have any tools to open up the back, so I've provided the images that I can here. I'm aware that perhaps this isn't enough information, but figured it was worth a shot. I'm open to buying the right tool or other at-home solutions, as well as anything else I can do to make identification easier.

Cheers!
Edited:

Oh she's legit. And a nice specimen. Others can tell you the model number for sure. Best to find a professional to open her up and service the movement.

Looks good to me. Wearable as is. A very light buffing would brighten up the case without removing the sharp edges but you need to see examples of the watchmaker's work to make sure she is up tp the task. It's possible the hands could be polished too, but be prepared to hear "not".

A decemt movement service and a nice strap and you are good to go!

I see very corroded indexes and hands, though the dial looks good and the price was fair. Does it working and keeping time?

Great to hear! It still works, but loses a bit of time each day. I'll definitely need to have it serviced.

Can anyone provide any other specific info? I'm especially curious as to why it doesn't have a Seamaster label or the like. I'm clearly not very knowledgeable when it comes to the history of the brand's offerings, so I'm open to some education.

Also curious as to what kind of strap I should be looking for if I want to be authentic to the watch.

Thanks for the help so far!