ID on vintage ladies Omega watch

Hello,
My wife bought this Omega a long time ago and just found it.

Does anyone know what model it is?

It looks like some kind of version of the Omega Ladies Cocktail Watch.

Mzo3nKY.jpeg
Edited:

Probably from the saphette line. These feature a sapphire cut crystal. Often they are locally cased in the destination country.

Were quite expensive when first sold. Now they are an acquired taste. Mostly worth metal value plus a tiny bit for the movement. Movements are quite common and do not retain much value. Straps tend to be dried out and brittle.

Ironically before the quartz crises in the 1970s. These were the bread and butter of the company. They quickly went out of style and were often replaced with the next one.

It certainly has the appearance of an Omega Sapphette. I’d guess early to mid 1960s. These were only made in 14 and 18 karat gold cases. The gold alloy depending on the country that the watch was retailed in. Manual wind. My spouse has several Sapphettes. The glass is a synthetic sapphire, facetted in the same manner that gemstones are faceted. Your wife shows excellent taste!

I think more than acquired taste

simple and elegant. Good for work or night out

It certainly has the appearance of an Omega Sapphette. I’d guess early to mid 1960s. These were only made in 14 and 18 karat gold cases. The gold alloy depending on the country that the watch was retailed in. Manual wind. My spouse has several Sapphettes. The glass is a synthetic sapphire, facetted in the same manner that gemstones are faceted. Your wife shows excellent taste!

My better half’s favourite Omega Sapphette. Sapphire crystal tinted pastel blue, 14-karat white gold case. The facetted crystal edge shows sapphire blue. Aftermarket bracelet.

P4056767.jpeg
Edited: