Forums Latest Members
  1. Thebeat Feb 16, 2020

Good evening,

Having saved for the last several years I'm now in a position to purchase my first luxury watch. I really like the look of the seamaster 300 diver in blue. As this will be my largest ever purchase and a watch I intend keeping and wearing for the foreseeable future I was hoping I could get some advice please.? Is the model I'm thinking of the correct model for the 1 watch collection.?

I would greatly appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions on this particular seamaster model and please feel free to share some photos, wristshots if you like.! Thank you. Gareth...

2. shah@123 Feb 16, 2020

I am no expert as i am new to this. Have you considered looking at pre-owned certified watch? It might be more value for the buck even if you buy it at a premium from a authorized re-seller

3. wsfarrell Feb 16, 2020

Not sure which blue Seamaster you're looking at, but if you would consider a used watch, the "electric blue" Seamaster is one of the most beautiful Omegas ever made, in my opinion. Get one on eBay, send it off to Omega for a full service, and enjoy.

electric_blue.jpg

4. MJKauz Feb 16, 2020

That's a tough and incredibly personal question. I think a Seamaster (like the Rolex Submariner) has a lot of flexibility to dress up or down, depending on the environment. What's your criteria for a 1 watch collection? What kind of life do you live/job do you have, etc.?

STANDY and DaveK like this.
  5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Feb 16, 2020

6. pongster Feb 17, 2020

Have you tried it on sir?

In addition to researching online, I suggest to going to physical stores and try watches on. Try several not just this one.

And you will know when IT is the one.

bama2141 and Syrte like this.
  7. lindo Feb 17, 2020

I bought a new one last year from an AD who gave a substantial discount without too much prompting. In fact his price was less than a secondhand dealer's price on an identical used one (unworn 2019 with full set, but still not 'new'). Since then I have learned on this forum that I should have pressed for an even bigger discount! But hell, I am so happy with the sculptural beauty of the watch that I don't care.

Om3ga321 likes this.
  8. Om3ga321 Feb 17, 2020

The sign of a watch enthusiast.
    The watch is more important than the price.

PhilF likes this.
  9. Jeeper Feb 17, 2020

It is, but the price certainly helps.

Tony likes this.
  10. PhilF Feb 17, 2020

It's truly a dilemma, I bought a 300M last year, though it would be a a perfect companion to my Speedmaster.
    Here's a wrist shot...
    20191112_145835.jpg
    Turns out I was wrong, took about a month to discover I'm just not a Diving watch fan, never really "Bonded" with it (pun is entirely a random thought) Finally realizing I was really mesmerized by Speedmasters, I traded it for a 38mm Speedmaster which I promptly placed on a deployant leather strap and now wear almost daily and throughly enjoy. My Speedy Pro, also on a leather deployant strap, I wear mostly for dressier occasions. Point is, even though you are attracted to a particular design/color or bracelet, actually living with it, may change both your perspective and preferences. Sometimes a first love turns into a second marriage, you won't know for sure until you try. Also have to mention here, I'm on a notify list at my AD for the Apollo XIII 50th anniversary, hopefully it's pricing isn't as insane as my Grail watch, a Silver Snoopy, has become.

11. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 17, 2020

+1 on trying in a shop. You may find out you prefer another watch on your wrist.