Forums Latest Members

I want a new job as a weather forecaster.

1. ulackfocus Dec 10, 2013

If I were wrong as often in my job as the weather people are I'd have been fired years ago. Schools closed in anticipation of the big storm that was supposed to start sometime between 6 and 9 AM this morning and rapidly dump snow on us. Well, does this look like 5" of snow by 1 PM?

[​IMG]

The beast was poised and ready.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grrrrr, hungry!

[​IMG]

The eejits were backwards - the light snow followed by rain & ice that was predicted for Sunday turned into 5", and today's 5" turned into mostly flurries and less than 1" accumulation. :cautious:

2. alam Dec 10, 2013

Ha! I have identical beast and it got some action yesterday as we did get 6-7 inches in this area! [​IMG]

Privateday7 and Hijak like this.
  3. Hijak Dec 10, 2013

Nice shot Alam.:thumbsup: And Dennis your chance will come to get that thing dirty.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 10, 2013

Do you have to have snow tires on your monster to stop it skidding or is the weight enough?

And I see you not only collect vintage watches, but vintage spades/shovels too :D

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 10, 2013

Whoa.....the beast is ready and hungry. It is looking for 10" snow to prove himself worthy ;).

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 10, 2013

Magnificent view.....

7. ulackfocus Dec 10, 2013

The weight seems to be sufficient, although I don't know how it will handle on ice. That's why our new snow parking strategy is to move the cars into the street.

Some of those are family heirlooms! :p Great for killing weeds in the cracks of the cement driveway and walk.

If this winter is as bad as I think it could be, there should be an approptiate test or two.

8. marturx Dec 11, 2013

I hate to tell you this, Dennis, but most likely you´ll have as much use for that machine as for an excercise bike in your bedroom ;)

Most likely that thing will only be in your way and collect dust, until you finally get rid of it.

9. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 11, 2013

Owned Land Rovers over many years, guaranteed mild winters whenever I had one.
    This last one for two winters and never once required to use the box :(

IMG_1630.jpg

om9c likes this.