Forums Latest Members
  1. Fyrdoc Jun 17, 2014

...and couldn't be happier. I probably overpaid, but this was my Father's Day gift:

deville1.jpg
    deville2.jpg
    deville6.jpg

Now the challenge is to find a vintage Omega gold bracelet to match.

Mothra and citizenrich like this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 17, 2014

Very nice. :thumbsup:

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 17, 2014

Its a nice watch, I wouldn't worry at this point about overpaying a little, a lot of people buy a lemon the first time around, you've got something good.

citizenrich and rhetoric like this.
  4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 17, 2014

Over paid, over shmaid As my chosen friends tell me all the time.

irrelevant for a nice piece like this.

citizenrich likes this.
  5. Dablitzer Jun 18, 2014

Very nice piece!

citizenrich likes this.
  6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 18, 2014

She's a beauty, that's for sure. Great work. I'm too lazy to look it up…what year is this watch? Like '75/'76?

How fixated are you on the gold bracelet idea? Just my 2 cents but if I were you I'd put that money towards finding another nice watch. These dress watches look much better on leather straps.. The only exception is the fully integrated stuff like a Royal Oak or an Oysterquartz.

Is this a plain case back or does it have a hippo campy thingy? I think Omega started making 'em with or without around the same year this watch was made. Apparently customers were complaining because people wanted to give these as appreciation or gift watches. Ironic because the lack of personalization is what makes this model so appealing to collectors…

Since I started buying used watches I find myself being more drawn towards tastefully done engravings. Some jewelers were using the shavings as their 401k retirement plan…those I don't like. But, a nice light engraving appeals to me for some reason. It draws to me to the actual history of that watch. Like a good short story...

TNTwatch likes this.
  7. Fyrdoc Jun 20, 2014

Here is the back (and I think the #s track it back to 1965). Not thrilled about the pitting, but in person it is really very mild...

deville5.jpg

8. Siac Jun 21, 2014

That's pretty. I'd stick with the brown leather too, looks classy!

Shelby likes this.
  9. Hijak Jun 21, 2014

Frydoc, you have a nice watch there. You are correct the serial number on the movement dates this to aprox. 1965, it also has original crown and crystal with the omega logo in the center, very nice looking movement and great dial. Excellent pick-up, enjoy it.:thumbsup: