Forums Latest Members

i think we're going to see a color explosion in watch dials very soon

1. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 17, 2019

in big brands across the board to boot.

not just your average dial colors either. i'm talking showstoppers. the kind where peeps will buy the watch just because of it.

whether is metallic, special rocks or minerals,..or just plain color experimentation of shades, hues and the painted application.

jimmyjay likes this.
  2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Sep 17, 2019

What makes you think that?

WatchShopping and M'Bob like this.
  3. Ville_W Sep 17, 2019

So which watches shall we start hoarding to not miss next hype;)

4. Henneth Sep 17, 2019

So you think we should heavily invest in something like this? :cautious:

A148343F-99F2-42A8-91B5-89DE61AA90E3.jpeg

0uss, Seaborg, WatchShopping and 4 others like this.
  5. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 17, 2019

it might already be happening but we just don't see it yet.. i just see the way peeps go nuts over certain colors. the sarbs, hulk, to some degree the color green,..the color blue that many will buy in any shade and just can't seem to get enough of. the industry is ripe for this. imo.

we can't keep seeing vintage black and patina lume forever

good question. i don't know if this explosion will effect any previous models or vintage colors already out there. it should renew interest and a possible increase in value.

6. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 17, 2019

i kind of was talking about a rock/stone that is cut for a dial. not a rock watch.

there are some many cool looking stones and the colors just down that avenue are endless

7. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 17, 2019

my usual disclaimer.

i sold 100 bitcoin for $5.00 each a few years ago. i was afraid it was going to go down to 1 or 2 dollars.

gostang9, TDBK, Walrus and 1 other person like this.
  8. Walrus Sep 17, 2019

I’m still holding. I do a little trading. Didn’t get in as low as you did. Are you still holding it today?

9. Stufflers Mom Sep 17, 2019

LSD?

Seaborg, impalla62ss, ahsposo and 8 others like this.
  10. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 17, 2019

yeah,..i'm holding alright. my nutsack that is....i didn't keep any even though i knew the possibilities with it.

it was such a volatile intangible thing that was used for no good, shady things in it's infancy.

DaveK and Mad Dog like this.
  11. oinkitt Sep 17, 2019

Gimmicks rarely work!!!

12. Wetworks Sep 17, 2019

I actually had that watch!!!

smitty190373, DaveK and Mad Dog like this.
  13. Walrus Sep 17, 2019

I always find it funny when the argument bitcoin is used for illegal activities it has funded any illegal wars. What do you think, the cartels are accepting btc. I’m sure they use it but money has been used illegally since day one. Of course I like financial gain but my reason for holding bitcoin is it’s original idea such as a decentralized person to person economy. Every bitcoin transaction for day one to today and all can be viewed on the block chain. I wouldn’t like that if I had criminal intent, I’d use what governments and gangs use for illegal activities, cash. By the way I wasn’t critiquing your comment on the illegal stuff, just how it’s thrown around by people who know nothing about that.

14. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 17, 2019

i remember when i sold mine. mt gox to something else, to something else....you had to bounce these bitcoins from site to site and eventually it reached paypal.

looking back, it's still hard to grasp the concept of these things created from nothing. it's like a fart in the wind that suddenly becomes worth something when you sell it.

15. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 17, 2019

think about it. it doesn't have to be some rare stone or mineral for a dial. nor does it have to be a precious metal case and cost $42k

you can have a steel case and use affordable options such as opal or onyx...or it could just be an amazing paint job coupled with a textured dial.

no reason why this watch can't be had with he the above specs for what the trilogy was going for...and you can even substitute bronze for the gold at a similar price of steel if you wish.

[​IMG]

OmeGez, wristpirate and Wetworks like this.
  16. michael22 Sep 17, 2019

I foresee bitcoin dials.

17. Ville_W Sep 17, 2019

Aaaa... then I must quickly get rid off my analog watches and start buying digital...

18. Wryfox Sep 18, 2019

Edited Sep 18, 2019
  19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 18, 2019

[​IMG]

20. glownyc Sep 18, 2019

Cryptocurrency is big with certain criminals. Yes transitions are in the block chain but it's not like it says "from Jay to John for drugs". Crypto is big in illegal dark web activity. For some cash is the last thing they want to deal with. Crypto can be moved and stored easily. Cash can not. The days of buying a house and sports car in Miami with a bag of cash without drawing attention are gone. With civil forfeiture laws cash can be seized based solely on suspension. Hate groups that have been banned from mainstream payment platforms have also moved to cryptocurrency.